Bug - or is it just me? (episode 6 spoilers)

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
Sorry for not clarifying my question in the title, but wanted to prevent spoilers...

Maybe I just forgot how it happened (it's late in my timezone and I'm a bit tired), or something strange happened:
I restored my saved game from yesterday, when Abe's head was still on the moon. Then I got into Hugh's room using the eye and the spoon bending thing, Max got his body parts removed, and after a little experimenting I now have his hand back. In between all this, I did some moon-earth traveling and vice versa (because I didn't know what to do).

OK, to make the long story short - I just went to Sybil's office and there's Abe's head on the sofa?!

Did I miss something? How did it get there? Or did I simply forget? Maybe I was distracted during a key scene (I'm watching Nickelodeon on TV additionally, "Real Monsters" is on :D)...

So, am I going crazy or was this some kind of "bug"? Anybody?

Comments

• edited May 2007
    Talk to Abe and Sybil - it's not a bug! :)
  • edited May 2007
    Alright, they're having their date they phoned about, but... how did he suppose to have come on earth? I just replayed the part. He was gone after that confrontation with Hugh Bliss... I really feel this thing had needed some more explanation... or was it explained an I I just forgot about it?
  • edited May 2007
    Lee Harvey wrote: »
    Alright, they're having their date they phoned about, but... how did he suppose to have come on earth?

Same way Sam & Max did, I suppose (except without the car...) He mentions that he "stopped at the gift shop," so I assume . . . Come to think of it, we never even see Lincoln-head move around, but he seems to be able to hover, so I guess he just floated back to Earth.
  • edited May 2007
    Well, yeah - speaking of which... about all this traveling to the moon and walking around there as if there's atmosphere and normal gravity... in the beginning I really felt this kind of sucked. I mean, that was really a bit too much for my suspension of disbelief. But I guess this has already been discussed in another topic. Maybe I'll join in an go into detail there later...
  • edited May 2007
    I think it might be a bit of self-parody... In episode 4, they went back and forth between the office (which I believe is in New York City) and Washington DC, like it was nothing. That they can do the same with the Moon is a bit over-the-top, but I think it's intentionally so.

It's definitely consistent with what I've seen of the comics and the cartoon show. Check out "Bad Day on the Moon" in either version, if you can
  • edited May 2007
    Alright, they're having their date they phoned about, but... how did he suppose to have come on earth?

That's a really good question, heh heh. They would've given a good explanation of how a friggin cement head traveled from the moon to earth nearly instantly, but that wouldn't be nearly as funny. :p Abe must be magical afterall, because for all we know he's just 100% cement. How could cement move, let alone be sentient, or even talk? :confused:
  • edited May 2007
    He teleported. Remember, he knows how to teleport Cuban dictators.:D
  • edited May 2007
    I think the bigger question is how Abe got inside the magic box entrance to the Blister of Tranquility in the first place.
  • edited May 2007
    Also a good question... :/ Perhaps TellTale should make a spinoff series, the adventures of Abe Lincoln, the decapitated cement head! He could grow little cement legs and hands, and go on all kinds of wacky adventures.
  • edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Also a good question... :/ Perhaps TellTale should make a spinoff series, the adventures of Abe Lincoln, the decapitated cement head! He could grow little cement legs and hands, and go on all kinds of wacky adventures.

:D :D :D
    sounds exactly like Telltale games.
  • edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »

Agreed with Flint... and as such... TTG, you should take AdamG's idea into consideration. Spin off series would be pretty dang cool, actually... maybe an episodic format again, but each episode showcasing a different character... but the final episode finally shows how each of their lives are interconnected! Like Crash, but funnier.
  • edited May 2007
    ... how did he suppose to have come on earth?
    The same way he (and the rest of the minor characters) got to the moon in the first place, probably.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2007
    how did he suppose to have come on earth?
    He's a level red prismatologist. He's MAGICAL.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    Agreed with Flint... and as such... TTG, you should take AdamG's idea into consideration. Spin off series would be pretty dang cool, actually... maybe an episodic format again, but each episode showcasing a different character... but the final episode finally shows how each of their lives are interconnected! Like Crash, but funnier.

I'd rather see "Bosco and the Bug," a buddy road movie, or the all-Bosco spinoff, "It's Me, Bosco!"
  • edited May 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I'd rather see "Bosco and the Bug," a buddy road movie, or the all-Bosco spinoff, "It's Me, Bosco!"

That's funny, because I was thinking the same thing before reading your post :). But then again, I can already see myself tearing my hear because that dimwitted Bosco won't act as I click him to... would fit his intractable character, at least.

Sybil would also be a good choice for some erotic spin off maybe... oh well, I'm digressing :D
  • edited May 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    or the all-Bosco spinoff, "It's Me, Bosco!"
    Ok, that would be awesome. Every character is Bosco in a different disguise.
  • edited May 2007
    Ok, that would be awesome. Every character is Bosco in a different disguise.

Reminds me of that one scene in "Being John Malkovich"...

The guys doing the 3D models would surely be happy to hear that (because there was less modeling to do :D)

But seriously, taking on Bosco's folly to permanently disguise, you would have total freedom about the setting each episode (one episode he could be an aspiring pirate, one episode an archaeologist, one episode a boy-sorcerer, one episode a polyester-suited bachelor, one episode on of three kids (or all three of them) attempting to rescue one's girlfriend from some mad scientist, one episode a psychic special agent... oh wait, I'm digressing again ;))
  • edited May 2007
    I wonder if Lincoln's head could withstand the heat on reentry to Earth....
  • edited May 2007
    pheeph wrote: »
    I wonder if Lincoln's head could withstand the heat on reentry to Earth....

Nothing a little spackle couldn't fix. ;)
  • edited May 2007
    Well, yeah - speaking of which... about all this traveling to the moon and walking around there as if there's atmosphere and normal gravity... in the beginning I really felt this kind of sucked. I mean, that was really a bit too much for my suspension of disbelief. But I guess this has already been discussed in another topic. Maybe I'll join in an go into detail there later...

Have you ever read the comic or seen the episode of the show, Bad Day on the Moon?

Apparently there is an atmosphere on the moon, but previous moon explorers have been too chicken to try for themselves. There is also a race of rat people who live up there. And 60 foot tall cockroaches.

As for how they got there? Once again, in the comic, a conversation goes
    Sam: "By the way, Max. That was a brilliant idea, stuffing the muffler full of thousands and thousands of match heads and igniting them thereupon providing adequate thrust to break free of the Earth's pull".
    Max: "Thanks, Sam. I thought it up with my huge brain".

It's Sam and Max! You punched the head off a robo-president and beat the statue of Abe Lincoln in a presidential poll! And you didn't find that silly?
  • edited May 2007
    I had the same kind of thoughts about Sam and Max travelling to the moon, even though I normally suspend disbelief quite happily. I think it's not a bad idea to regulate the number of cartoony things that can happen unexplained - after all, the puzzles can't exist if the characters are omnipotent. Crazy solutions such as matchsticks in the exhaust, however, are perfect! That bit about astronauts being too chicken to take off their suits is hilarious :D

Edit: Just for the record, travelling to the moon is the only thing I've felt took it a bit too far. Robotic Abe Lincolns, Mafiosi with teddy bear costumes, virtual reality etc. are indeed brilliantly silly!

I like the idea of spin-off episodes, say a season in which you get to play one of 6 different characters each time (for some reason I feel it should be an entire season - a single episode would seem out of place, I guess). Being a low-level toy mafioso, getting to work against Sam and Max and seeing them from another perspective, might be fun! The great thing is all the secondary characters in these games are so well-developed; it's one of the aspects in which I really think Telltale has trumped Lucasarts. I guess we'd be waiting on a THIRD season if there were ever real plans to implement something like this, though :p
  • edited May 2007
    I was sort of guessing I would be able to put Abe's head on the non-spoon statue of Huge Bliss :) But he seemed to do allright without a body.
  • edited May 2007
    Have you ever read the comic or seen the episode of the show, Bad Day on the Moon?

Watched some of the episodes (unfortunately not the one you mentioned), read scarcely any of the comics (because they often have some kind of "rushed" style that I don't like). Still, it's a bit too much to suspend my disbelief... but then again, after a while, I got used to it ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.