[EP1] Where are pharmacy keys?

I've been looking and looking and can't find them. Any help?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Like this:
    Go outside with Doug.
    The zombie under the pole is carrying them.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, just saw that. Now trying to figure out how to do the lock haha. I was pretty sure this game didn't have puzzles, then BOOM, puzzles.
  • edited April 2012
    If you really don't want to figure it out by your self:
    Talk to the women with the radio and go with her to safe Glen.
    The rest is from alone.
  • edited April 2012
    You have to do a different section of the game first, (the whole thing with Glen), completing it gives you a item that gets you past the lock.
  • edited April 2012
    Bikes wrote: »
    You have to do a different section of the game first, (the whole thing with Glen), completing it gives you a item that gets you past the lock.

get the axe, brake the lock with axe, pick up the brick and brake the window with the tv's in, go kill your bro with axe get your keys.
  • edited April 2012
    it did stump for me a while as i was thinking i had to get the keys and the dickheads medicine before i save glen but i guess if i used a little more brain power i would of guessed that lol. i walked around the pharmacy and the office about 3/4 times until i thought hmm what if i save glen first. gotta get my brain back into adventure mode and out of rpg mode.
  • edited April 2012
    Having a similar problem myself. Broke the lock with the axe, grabbed the brick, and tossed it through the TV shop, but no more new options. If I examine the TV shop, I get the same dialogue with Lee talking about the electronics. If I examine his brother, same dialogue as before. Done tried everything I can think of. Not sure if the game glitched or if I'm missing something. Hittin the sack for the night but hopin to find out what's up by tomorrow.
  • edited April 2012
    Having a similar problem myself. Broke the lock with the axe, grabbed the brick, and tossed it through the TV shop, but no more new options. If I examine the TV shop, I get the same dialogue with Lee talking about the electronics. If I examine his brother, same dialogue as before. Done tried everything I can think of. Not sure if the game glitched or if I'm missing something. Hittin the sack for the night but hopin to find out what's up by tomorrow.
    use the remote controll, if you dont have it its in the back office room in the desk drawer
  • edited April 2012
    Ahh. I figured I needed a remote control. Just never saw one. I'll look at the desk again when I play again tomorrow
  • edited April 2012
    I can't break the lock with the axe coz I need to prove that Lee's brother worked @ the pharmacy. How do I do that? Thanks.
  • edited April 2012
    I can't break the lock with the axe coz I need to prove that Lee's brother worked @ the pharmacy. How do I do that? Thanks.
    This is how
    You need to show Doug the photo you found of your family from the back office
  • edited April 2012
    This is how
    You need to show Doug the photo you found of your family from the back office

Big thx.
    Stupid game - there are photos in the main room at the door, Lee could've used those too honestly.
  • edited April 2012
    Big thx.
    Stupid game - there are photos in the main room at the door, Lee could've used those too honestly.

If I remember right,
    the photos in the front didn't show him in his pharmacy scrubs. Doug already mentioned that it's hard to recognize people once they've been zombified, so he wouldn't have recognized the guy without a photo that showed him wearing the same thing.
  • edited April 2012
    If I remember right,
    the photos in the front didn't show him in his pharmacy scrubs. Doug already mentioned that it's hard to recognize people once they've been zombified, so he wouldn't have recognized the guy without a photo that showed him wearing the same thing.
    Good point.
  • edited April 2012
    Good point.

Totally, thx
  • edited November 2012
    every thing I need to read is blacked out. I need to find the pharmacy keys! Where are they? How do I get in there?
  • edited November 2012
    When you are in the back room with Clementine, pick up the family photo. After you go to the motel to get Glenn, you will come back with an axe. Go to Doug, and he will suggest going outside. Go out with Doug, and across the street you will see a zombie under a pole. Show the family photo to Doug: the zombie across the street is in the photo. Then you decide he has the keys in his pocket. Break the lock with the axe and go get them.
  • edited November 2012
    JaymieX wrote: »
    every thing I need to read is blacked out. I need to find the pharmacy keys! Where are they? How do I get in there?

Oh, and in the future, you can click on the blacked out words in the threads, and then the black out is gone and you can read them.
  • edited November 2012
    dustpuffs wrote: »
    Oh, and in the future, you can click on the blacked out words in the threads, and then the black out is gone and you can read them.

umm i think he figured it out
    its been months since it was posted
  • edited November 2012

thats not true the question was asked at 2 something today by a jaymiex:D
  • edited November 2012

It was posted and I replied within 1 hour. I don't randomly go into old threads to try to help people with stuff they figured out in April.
  • edited November 2012
    Any chance I can still get some help with this section? I have the photo and the axe, but I have gone outside with Doug like 50 times and I can't figure out how to actually show him the photo. The first time I went outside with him was before the Glenn mission; have I screwed things up irreparably?

It's infuriating because I can see the photo in my inventory, but I've run through every dialogue option with Doug and there's no way for me to show it to him that way. when I mouseover him all I see is the text bubble, so I can't show him that way. And when I just try to axe the lock, he stops me saying we need to prove the zombie was a pharmacist before we do that. But I don't seem to be able to show him the photo as part of that bit, either....
  • edited November 2012
    custerc wrote: »
    Any chance I can still get some help with this section? I have the photo and the axe, but I have gone outside with Doug like 50 times and I can't figure out how to actually show him the photo. The first time I went outside with him was before the Glenn mission; have I screwed things up irreparably?

It's infuriating because I can see the photo in my inventory, but I've run through every dialogue option with Doug and there's no way for me to show it to him that way. when I mouseover him all I see is the text bubble, so I can't show him that way. And when I just try to axe the lock, he stops me saying we need to prove the zombie was a pharmacist before we do that. But I don't seem to be able to show him the photo as part of that bit, either....

go back to the office where you found the pic and look in the drawers and find the remote than go out and show the remote to doug or ues it on the tvs across the street than also you need to break the gate with the ax and grab the brick and throw it at the tvs across the street you should be good from there
  • edited November 2012
    custerc wrote: »

If you still need, help, just keep asking. There are still plenty of people hanging around here to help you out.
  • edited November 2012
    go back to the office where you found the pic and look in the drawers and find the remote than go out and show the remote to doug or ues it on the tvs across the street than also you need to break the gate with the ax and grab the brick and throw it at the tvs across the street you should be good from there

I have done this (get the remote, show doug, have him turn the TVs on, etc.) but I still can't break the lock on the door because he hasn't seen the picture and, although I can see it in my inventory, I can't seem to show it to him.
  • edited November 2012
    If you select the photo, Lee shows it to Doug. Don't know what you are playing on, this was easily done with a mouse scroll wheel on P.C.
  • edited November 2012
    If you select the photo, Lee shows it to Doug. Don't know what you are playing on, this was easily done with a mouse scroll wheel on P.C.

Playing on a mac laptop with trackpad at the moment, but when I mouseover doug the only option I get is the text bubble; there's nothing to scroll down to. I can see in the little bar on the far left of the screen that the picture is in my inventory, but when I mouseover doug there's no way for me to show it to him.
  • edited November 2012
    You don't mouse over Doug. Did you feed anyone an energy bar? You just scrolled on it, and it became an option to feed. The same with the photo. Just scroll through your items and choose it. Then Lee should show it to Doug.
  • edited November 2012
    You don't mouse over Doug. Did you feed anyone an energy bar? You just scrolled on it, and it became an option to feed. The same with the photo. Just scroll through your items and choose it. Then Lee should show it to Doug.

Yeah, I fed a couple people energy bars, gave whats-her-face the batteries, etc. etc. There's a white circle over each character, and when I mouseover it, options come up that I can scroll through (like the speech bubble to talk, the energy bar icon to give food, etc.). But when I do that for Doug, the only thing that appears is the speech bubble icon, there is no other icon or option to choose and no way to "scroll through my items"
  • edited November 2012
    You may have a glitch. Have you exited out of the game and then gone back in? Or maybe try rewinding to the prior chapter and play through again to see if it works. Sometimes these solutions make things work for people when they wouldn't work before. There are playthroughs on YouTube if you want to watch it, in case that helps any. Sorry you are struggling with this. Maybe someone else has had this problem and could chime in?

Edit: Okay, crap, sorry, it looks like a step got left out here, I'd thought it was in Walkerbait's post, but just reread and realized it wasn't there. Anyway, when you are outside with Doug, look over at the zombie under the pole. Then you should be able to show Doug the photo. You say something like " I think that guy has the pharmacy keys", Doug asks why, and you show him the photo and tell him he looks like the guy in it. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • edited November 2012

Edit: Okay, crap, sorry, it looks like a step got left out here, I'd thought it was in Walkerbait's post, but just reread and realized it wasn't there. Anyway, when you are outside with Doug, look over at the zombie under the pole. Then you should be able to show Doug the photo. You say something like " I think that guy has the pharmacy keys", Doug asks why, and you show him the photo and tell him he looks like the guy in it. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks, that was it! I had done the look-at-the-zombie bit when I first arrived at the pharmacy, and since I wanted to show the photo to Doug rather than the zombie, it didn't occur to me to try clicking the zombie again.

So, for those who come across this in the future, here's what you need to do (some mild spoilers):

(1) When you arrive at the pharmacy, go into the office, get the picture (it's on the floor). If you want, at this point you can also get the remote (it's in the desk drawer once you move the desk) and then go outside and show it to Doug. You show him the remote by talking to him, but you show him the photo by looking at the zombie across the street and then selecting the photo from your inventory. You can do one or both of these things now, or when you get back from doing step 2, doesn't matter. But you can't actually get the keys until you've completed step 2.
    (2) Go on mission with Glenn, come back with the axe.
    (3) When you get back to the pharmacy, go outside and talk to Doug (again, or for the first time if you didn't before). Look at the zombie and select the photo to show it to Doug, then he'll agree that's proof the zombie has the keys (if you didn't already do this in step 2).
    (3b) Show doug the remote control if you haven't already and have him turn on the TVs across the street.
    (4) Axe and then open the door, toss the brick at the glass window to attract the zombies to the noise
    (5) Run across the street, get the keys.
    (6) ???
    (7) Profit.
  • edited November 2012
    Glad I could help :) Good luck with the rest of the game!
  • edited December 2012
    You may have a glitch. Have you exited out of the game and then gone back in? Or maybe try rewinding to the prior chapter and play through again to see if it works. Sometimes these solutions make things work for people when they wouldn't work before. There are playthroughs on YouTube if you want to watch it, in case that helps any. Sorry you are struggling with this. Maybe someone else has had this problem and could chime in?

nice catch dustpuffs!! i didn't realize i had left that out i'm glad they got past it:)
  • edited February 2013
    guys y? to unlock the username and password?? plzz help me
  • edited March 2013
    If you select the photo, Lee shows it to Doug.
  • edited July 2013
    Gotta say that I've been playing adventure games since The Hobbit & Snowball (and most, if not all of the Lucas Arts, Discworld, Broken Sword etc) but the 'turn the TVs on with the Remote' is just plain stupid - it's not a good solution (sorry but I can't figure out how to block spoilers, not that it's going to spoil anything as the clue seems so out of context with the rest of this guided narrative, sorry, adventure). Still, it's infinitely better than the TV series.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.