Awesome Donkey Kong Country glitch!

edited June 2007 in General Chat
Just found this video on Youtube.. it's a very funny Donkey Kong Country glitch :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hDQLeVJh1A

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I wish they made a new donkey kong country.. i loved those games
  • edited May 2007
    It would most likely be 3D and that would take away the charm I think.. 3D platformers can be fun but I prefer 2D ones.

They could make a new one for the DS I guess.. but Nintendo don't own Rare anymore.
  • edited May 2007
    i know..which suxs.. hey donkey kong 64 was excellent.. a new game on the ds would kick ass tho
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2007
    Armakuni wrote: »
    It would most likely be 3D and that would take away the charm I think.. 3D platformers can be fun but I prefer 2D ones.
    Not necessarily. It could be a 3D platformer on a 2D plane like New Super Mario Bros.

That would be perfect for a new Donkey Kong Country game.
  • edited May 2007
    mickey wrote: »
    Not necessarily. It could be a 3D platformer on a 2D plane like New Super Mario Bros.

That would be perfect for a new Donkey Kong Country game.

You mean like Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was? (A game which is not nearly as bad as you might think; in fact, it was really a lot of fun, save the fact that it had no storyline and virtually no ties to the previous DK games)
  • edited May 2007
    They've released Diddy Kong Racing on the DS so it shows Nintendo haven't forgotten about the great franchise :)
  • edited May 2007
    Indeed. Not to mention that the new racing game, DK Jet, is coming out on Wii in a couple months....and there's also the upcoming DK: King of Swing 2 on the DS...plus DK, Diddy, and sometimes Dixie and the Kremlings have been in all the recent and upcoming Mario spinoffs like Mario Strikers Charged...and DK will undoubtedly return for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, possibly bringing Diddy with him as well...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Nintendo hasn't forgotten. :P
  • edited May 2007
    i was just playing donkey kong country 2 on the ds last night..yes they need to make a new dk platformer!
  • edited May 2007
    I think the reason they havent made a platformer dk game in a long time is because Rare is now owned by Microsoft. that is why Banjo and that dirty squirrel, Conker, are replaced by two different characters in diddy kong racing for the ds.
  • edited May 2007
    I think the deal with microsoft and rare..allows them to make dk games for portables..like the DS..so they could still make a ds DKC4 game
  • edited June 2007
    No, the Rare sale has nothing to do with it. Nintendo still owns all rights to the DK franchise and its characters, which is why they've made several DK games over the last few years.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.