Music preferences

edited March 2008 in General Chat
Dont know if there is a music thread already didnt seem like it so I thought Id mention that I am a huge Bad Religion fan and for those that dont know! They are coming out with a new albie sooon!! See my link below!
Tell me what music you like!!

72084_250_43_928.gif

Comments

• edited June 2007
    As my sig hints, I loves me some Manson! :D
  • edited June 2007
    I don't much listen to regular music, but I'm always acutely aware of the background music in games and tv series. Consequently, my winamp playlist is composed almost entirely of soundtracks. Besides Season 1, I've got the soundtracks of Master of Orion 2, Pandora's Box, KGB, Gundam Wing, Hoshi no Kaabii, Initial D Fourth Stage and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, as well as a number of single theme songs to various series and movies.
  • edited June 2007
    I like Rock, some Pop, Classical, some Rap, Hip Hop, Punk... basically everything.

I sometimes absolutely hate country... it just depends on who sings it and how it is done.
  • edited June 2007
    The Creepshow is one of the best bands
    http://www.myspace.com/thecreepshow
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    I've got this embarrassing obsession with 70's disco.
  • edited June 2007
    I really like U2. For the rest: http://www.last.fm/user/haggisnl/
  • edited June 2007
    Currently digging everything psychobilly and punk rock :D
  • edited June 2007
    I don't like a lot of music, but the music that I do like, I adore. :D And the preferences are as follows:

Pink Floyd
    Manic Street Preachers
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    Led Zeppelin
    Sigur Rós
    Roger Waters
    Johnny Cash
    etc.

I also fancy some classical music, although that's more for when I feel really, really relaxed. I've caught myself listening to the Sam & Max-soundtrack a few times the past few days, and it's truly remarkable. ;)
  • edited June 2007
    All I really listen to nowadays is computer game soundtracks. Mostly Sam and Max Season One music at the minute (Jared did a fantastic job on that), but I've just got some Zelda: Twilight Princess music running through at the minute too.

I used to listen to Adventure Radio a lot too, but the Shenmue music really started to grate after a while.
  • edited June 2007
    I have pretty varied music tastes ... I can't stand HipHop or Rap which to me isn't music at all.

Pink Floyd
    Mike Oldfield
    Tool
    Coldplay
    Metallica
    Blink 182
    Incubus
    The Who

to name a few
  • edited June 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »

I'm going to have to agree with most of what's here, plus throw in some Nine Inch Nails, Tool, and DJ Shadow.

Badwolf: Speaking of game music, have you checked out the stuff at ocremix.org? Some cool game arrangements there, and they have a few projects that are CD length soundtracks based on specific games. The Metroid once is ace.
  • edited June 2007
    Alot of Mali blues and world, like Ali Farka Touré and Ali Hassan Kuban.
    New western music like Joan as the police woman, and various rock.
    Older stuff like The Band, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Cream, Paul Butterfield blues band etc..

The most recent album I bought was a compilation with Jacques Brell.
  • edited June 2007
    I like Nelly Furtado and tht is all.
    :-)
  • edited June 2007
    Ahh omg I have to post this!

72084_286_43_960.JPG

Lemme know if it violates anything but ... I CANT WAIT until july!
  • edited March 2008
    I have a slight conflict between the music that I used to listen too when I was growing up such as the Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin and the contemporary music. Recently I read a post about the ambiguous attitude many people have to what they consider their favorite music
    http://www.myguitarbuddies.com/do-you-like-listening-to-the-music-of-your-childhood-17.html
  • edited March 2008
    hmm long list

Inme, Dream Theater, Reuben, Exit ten, Fei comodo, Radiohead, Anthrax, Coheed and cambria, Tool, NIN, Iron maiden, hundred reasons, scale the summit, muse, failsafe.... i could keep going but effort
  • edited March 2008
    Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, Rush, Iron Maiden, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Marillion, Richard Cheese, Anchorhead, Beastie Boys to name a few.
  • edited March 2008
    I mostly listen to alternative and classic rock- Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, AC/DC, Radiohead, R.E.M., Foo Fighters, Green Day, etc.
    I listen to some 80's era metal. Metallica, Black Sabbath, you get the idea.
  • edited March 2008
    Majority of the time I listen to music it's off the raadio on WMMS. Which plays rock songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and the 00s. Especially a lot of Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Ozzy, and Linkin Park.

I like pretty much anything rock or metal. Can't stand easy listening/soul/r&b and *shudder* rap. Well some rap, but mostly the stuff from the 80s when it was actually decent.

But as for my CD collection, mostly movie, game, and anime soundtracks. With the occasional Rock Album.
  • edited March 2008
    Most of my music collection are soundtracks of games (the latest being the lovely "Sam and Max" Season 1 soundtrack :D), anime, and movies. I never really got into the popular bands and artists, but there are a handful of songs from some of them that I enjoy.

In terms of tastes, I'm particularly fond of the classic, techno, and jazz genres.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.