Sam and Max Season 3 ever coiming to XBLA?

CapnJayCapnJay Banned
edited May 2012 in Sam & Max
After all Penny Arcade Adventures abandoned us after two games will you leave us hanging too?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I think there's a rule in Microsoft certification that says they can't, since they launched it as a PSN title first, or something like that.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    I think there's a rule in Microsoft certification that says they can't, since they launched it as a PSN title first, or something like that.

Well thats depressing.
  • edited May 2012
    Telltale got burned bringing Wallace & Gromit to XBLA. Microsoft made it impossible for them to keep those releases in synch with the PC releases. (Episode 2, 3 and 4 were released in May, June and July 2009 for PC, but the XBLA versions had to wait until November.) So they've been reluctant to put anything else there.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Harald B wrote: »
    Telltale got burned bringing Wallace & Gromit to XBLA. Microsoft made it impossible for them to keep those releases in synch with the PC releases. (Episode 2, 3 and 4 were released in May, June and July 2009 for PC, but the XBLA versions had to wait until November.) So they've been reluctant to put anything else there.

Well someone needs to give Microsoft a wakeup call
  • edited May 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    Well someone needs to give Microsoft a wakeup call

Well, the way Telltale is handling The Walking Dead is one way they can make the system work for them. Apparently, DLC doesn't have to spend as long in certification as an XBLA game, so they don't have to delay the release because Microsoft won't play nice. I SUPPOSE Telltale could go back to TDP and release it in a similar fashion, but why bother when they need to work full steam ahead on three projects?
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Well, the way Telltale is handling The Walking Dead is one way they can make the system work for them. Apparently, DLC doesn't have to spend as long in certification as an XBLA game, so they don't have to delay the release because Microsoft won't play nice. I SUPPOSE Telltale could go back to TDP and release it in a similar fashion, but why bother when they need to work full steam ahead on three projects?

Because some of us have 11 year old last legs Windows ME Pcs and no PS3 or Ipads Iphones Ebooks Cellphones or anything else.
  • edited May 2012
    After all Penny Arcade Adventures abandoned us after two games will you leave us hanging too?

Here's that memo you missed.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    xbskid wrote: »

But it's not the same unless it factors in the things we collected in and the looks of the characters we created for 1 and 2 and they already said that'd be impossible to do for 8/16 bit.

thanks for trying to help though
  • edited May 2012
    But it's not the same unless it factors in the things we collected in and the looks of the characters we created for 1 and 2 and they already said that'd be impossible to do for 8/16 bit.

Uh, what does you not being able to import a mustache have to do with your apparent complaint of not bringing a game to your desired platform? You lost me.
  • edited May 2012
    I am REALLY not sure if this is a reason, but the limit for XBLA games is 2gb. Of course, they can release each individ. ep for 9$, but oh well.

BTW, if you look at it, each of the 3 systems (Wii/PS3/360) have 2 of the 3 seasons. Wii and XBox have the first two, PS3 has the last two. Hmmm....
  • edited May 2012

Skullgirls was released on the PS3 before the X360 did...
  • edited May 2012
    Very depressed that there is still not news on this.

I bought Season 3 in October 2010 and still only completed episode 1 as I just don't get into PC gaming anymore.

The first two seasons on the Xbox I couldn't leave alone, had to make a point of only doing one episode a day. I still go back on them now and again trying to get the last elusive achievements.

I would happily buy Season 3 again on Xbox. I'm starting to wish I had gotten it on PS3 now, might still have done if they had made it compatible with Remote Play so I could play it on my Vita. But I hate the PS3 controller.
  • edited May 2012
    I have Season 1 & 2 on XBL and no offense, but those games just aren't the same without a mouse.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.