Sam & Max Ads on [adult swim]

edited June 2007 in Sam & Max
Currently, I'm being the test subject for my dad's snack shop by downing various energy drinks and giving feedback as to their taste. Mostly because I'm the only one in the family foolish enough to ruin his internal systems as such.

Anyway, the result is me staying up for the first time in a long time watching adult swim. And what do my eyes stumble upon at every commercial break during their block tonight?

Sam & Max: Season One Gametap advertisements.

The ads are pretty much joke spoilers playing set ups and punch lines and the occational one-liner from various episodes. But still... It's Sam & Max on TV for the first time since the 90's!! And it's on during the one block of television programing responsible for the return of Family Guy AND Futurama!

Brace yourselves, people! I feel a forum explosion coming in the future!

Comments

• edited June 2007
    I saw these. Really cool.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    We saw those a few weeks ago. I like that their format is just to play out a complete joke. It's in the tradition of a lot of the Adult Swim ads as well, which don't try to be clever on their own, but just let the jokes play for themselves.
  • edited June 2007
    As both an [adult swim] fan and a Sam & Max fan, I can say that this is awesome.
  • edited June 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    It's Sam & Max on TV for the first time since the 90's!!

Thats not true. On the game review swhow x-play on G4 (Channel 175 on IO) on weekdays from 8:00pm-9:00pm they reviewed Sam and Max. You can see there reviews online also at www.g4tv.com/xplay
  • edited June 2007
    A new sam and max animated series on adult swim would be awesome
  • edited June 2007
    Thats not true. On the game review swhow x-play on G4 (Channel 175 on IO) on weekdays from 8:00pm-9:00pm they reviewed Sam and Max. You can see there reviews online also at www.g4tv.com/xplay

That doesn't count, because if that did, we could claim that Mario is the longest running television franchise given how many times the game has been reviewed on TV even after that creepy cartoon went off the air.

Although, I did like the Koopa Kids...
  • edited June 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    A new sam and max animated series on adult swim would be awesome

Either that or Comedy Central. I would love an animated series that wasn't directed towards kids.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    GameTap did another longer Sam & Max TV ad back when the season started, but I think these short ones are cooler.
  • MelMel
    edited June 2007
    I watch Adult Swim a lot and I've never seen a Sam & Max ad.:(
  • edited June 2007
    They were airring them every commercial break last night after Futurama. And I mean EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK.
  • MelMel
    edited June 2007
    I was robbed! The only GameTap ad I saw last night was a doofy guy using a game controller standing in front of a whiteboard reading ad copy very badly.

Boo!
  • edited June 2007
    They showed that ad as well, but it was some time after Ghost in the Shell. That's when they started doing flip-flops with which ad they would show. But Gametap was advertised every commercial break.
  • edited June 2007
    What's adult swim? :I
  • edited June 2007
    A late-night block on Cartoon Network that shows more adult-oriented programming.
  • edited June 2007
    Oh, like swimming naked women? : /
  • edited June 2007
    Haha, shows like Family Guy, Futurama, ATHF, various animes, etc. They've begun showing some live-action shows too.
  • edited June 2007
    Err.

Like Futurama, Family Guy, and the Adult Swim original shows.

D'oh, I'm too slow.
  • edited June 2007
    They showed Oblongs and Baby Blues for a short while before Comedy Central started playing them. They also showed Pee Wee's Playhouse for some reason once.

The second season of The Boondocks is slated to be airred on their block as well, which is a black comedy and social commentary similar in line with Sam & Max, only more serious. It's also the same show that Jesse Jackson got all pissed off about because it featured a MLK Day episode where MLK says "the N word."
  • edited June 2007
    Ahhh, Pee Wee's Playhouse, nooooooooo! :/
  • edited June 2007
    I cant believe someone doesnt know what adultswim is.. odd but guess thats a usa point a view lol.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.