Petition: New BTTF Ride in 2015!

If you could take a few minutes to sign our petition it would be much appreciated!

http://www.change.org/petitions/universal-studios-create-a-new-back-to-the-future-ride-in-2015

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Thank's for drowning my hopes that Universal was gonna remake the BTTF ride!
  • edited June 2012
    Bump! Only 20 more signatures to go before I can forward it on with my letter on behalf of the whole community. I'll be posting their official response.
  • edited June 2012
    Only 14 more to go! Please help spread the word.
  • edited June 2012
    Just 7 more!
  • edited June 2012
    Please don't multipost. You can edit an old one.
  • edited June 2012
    Please don't multipost. You can edit an old one.

Sorry, it's just what I and many others have done on other forums. Would you prefer me to simply modify an older post?
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah. It's mostly a clutter thing. Thanks! Now back on topic!
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah. It's mostly a clutter thing. Thanks! Now back on topic!

Sure, I can appreciate that, no offense intended. Feel free to remove our replies to take away the clutter ;):D
  • edited June 2012
    You should promote this petition on Facebook. You would most likely obtain over 100 signatures using this method. Good luck with the petition! :)

(Ah, I remember going on that ride when I was really young. It was great fun. <3 )
  • edited June 2012
    -Anna- wrote: »
    You should promote this petition on Facebook. You would most likely obtain over 100 signatures using this method. Good luck with the petition! :)

(Ah, I remember going on that ride when I was really young. It was great fun. <3 )

http://www.facebook.com/BackToTheFutureRide2015

Done! :cool:
  • edited June 2012
    Be sure to include the link somewhere! (Though, maybe Facebook group numbers have the same power as petitions do. Social media can be powerful.)

I liked the page btw. :)
  • edited June 2012
    -Anna- wrote: »
    Be sure to include the link somewhere! (Though, maybe Facebook group numbers have the same power as petitions do. Social media can be powerful.)

I liked the page btw. :)

Please spread the word and lets get thousands on board! Everyone has been dying to have another ride on YouTube, lets actually do something about it.
  • edited June 2012
    I got an initial response from Universal, I'm trying to push for a more positive one however:

"Thank you for contactingUniversal Orlando® Guest Services.

For both legal andinsurance reasons, Universal Studios® and its related companieshave a strict policy not to accept unsolicited materials or ideas. This is also the policy, as far as we know, of all other studios, as it is easy forsomeone to feel, erroneously, that his or her ideas have been appropriated whensomewhat similar projects are developed independently.

Accordingly, although wethank you for your interest in Universal Orlando®, and in ourexciting development plans, we are deleting your email without havingconsidered it. We have not kept any copies of this email. If, inthe future, we develop a project, facility, or attraction that is similarto the one described in your email, we shall not have any legal obligation toyou if our project or attraction is independently developed, or is based onunprotected or unprotectable concepts.

Again, thank you for yourinterest in the Universal Orlando® Resort. We hope youwill have the opportunity to visit us in the future."
  • edited June 2012
    I got an initial response from Universal, I'm trying to push for a more positive one however:

"Thank you for contactingUniversal Orlando® Guest Services.

For both legal andinsurance reasons, Universal Studios® and its related companieshave a strict policy not to accept unsolicited materials or ideas. This is also the policy, as far as we know, of all other studios, as it is easy forsomeone to feel, erroneously, that his or her ideas have been appropriated whensomewhat similar projects are developed independently.

Accordingly, although wethank you for your interest in Universal Orlando®, and in ourexciting development plans, we are deleting your email without havingconsidered it. We have not kept any copies of this email. If, inthe future, we develop a project, facility, or attraction that is similarto the one described in your email, we shall not have any legal obligation toyou if our project or attraction is independently developed, or is based onunprotected or unprotectable concepts.

Again, thank you for yourinterest in the Universal Orlando® Resort. We hope youwill have the opportunity to visit us in the future."

Hahaha, so they think you're submitting an original idea instead of petitioning for their own idea?
  • edited June 2012
    Hahaha, so they think you're submitting an original idea instead of petitioning for their own idea?

Basically, they think it's an amazing idea (because it is!) and it will generate a LOT of revenue for them. They are just making sure I can't put a bit of a claim on it when they do it. I couldn't give a rats arse, I and millions of others just want to be able to see it done. (Maybe a free pass for the idea would be a nice gesture though :p)
  • edited July 2012
    Please join to show your support!
  • edited July 2012
    We truly do need the support of all BTTF fans worldwide. It will only take a minute of your time to like our group and throw some ideas around for what the ride could be like.

I have seen thousands of replies and thumbs up on YouTube from the fans regarding the ride and how much it is missed, and that it shouldn't have been replaced by the Simpsons etc. Here's our chance to build this group and show just how relevant BTTF is, not just now, but going forward!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.