A lil' bit o' unseen Steve Purcell artwork posted online...

edited June 2007 in Sam & Max
Hey, folks.

Thought you guys might be interested -- the cartoonist Mark Martin has recently posted to his blog a wacky series of original drawings that he and Steve Purcell sent back and forth to each other as a result of Mark sending Steve fanmail regarding the first Sam & Max comic back in the late '80s. These drawings were previously only seen by these two cartoonists, so this is a fairly unique opportunity to see a few Purcell drawings no one else has seen before (and Mark is no slouch, himself, dangit -- you guys would probably like his frog character Montgomery Wart).

Here's the blog:

http://jabberous.blogspot.com/

Scroll down to see the first post in the series. Basically the idea is that Mark sent Steve a picture, and then Purcell drew a picture in response, and it went back and forth like that for awhile, getting more ridiculous along the way.

If someone at Telltale could send this link to Steve Purcell, that would be cool, because he himself probably hasn't seen these drawings for over 20 years. Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2007
    oh my god man.. that was hilarious! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • edited June 2007
    Sweet. Mojo'd!
  • edited June 2007
    hmm nice rare art there. wouldnt mind buying reprints of any of purcells stuff. "im still trying to figure out how to get my two fizzball prints from browning to the point of not seeing them anymore :("
    I envy people like this who seem to get rare stuff but ive had a little of my share, steve is a great guy all I can say there !
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Cool. :) I sent Steve the link.

EDIT: Steve and I have both tried posting comments on that blog but they don't seem to be going through. Maybe they're getting stuck in the moderation queue. Anyway, Steve says he does remember it. :D
  • edited June 2007
    Wow, that most be the most kickass god I've ever seen
Sign in to comment in this discussion.