Q to Telltale: How hard was it to get on Steam?

edited June 2007 in Sam & Max
I wouldn't imagine there's a lot required to get your game on Steam, but I wanted to know how you went about it; just a few exchanges of E-mails, phone call...extensive and unnecessary contracts...etc...
Oh, and were you be able to tell if any of Valve's employees are fans of Sam and Max?

Comments

• edited June 2007
    I imagine that Valve gritted their collective teeth for awhile, being sore about TellTale doing so much better with episodic format and all (And making Valve look kind of silly in the process.). But then they realized there was a lot of essentially free money to be had (I read somewhere they're not even providing tech support for their version?), so they quickly agreed. :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    The Valve guys have been very enthusiastic about getting Sam & Max on the service and they've been really cool to work with. What they're doing with Half-Life is pretty different from what we're doing with Sam & Max and for that reason, I don't think they see us as competition.

I do know that Dan and Kevin visited their office several months back (they said it's decorated like a Half-Life level...) and there were definitely contracts involved. ;)
  • edited June 2007
    I've been advertising Sam & Max via my Max icon on the Steam forums ever since I was made into a volunteer FAQ reviewer. I can't speak for Valve, but a good number of forum members were anxious to see this happen and quite a few are excited that it did.
  • edited June 2007
    Tale wrote: »
    I've been advertising Sam & Max via my Max icon on the Steam forums ever since I was made into a volunteer FAQ reviewer. I can't speak for Valve, but a good number of forum members were anxious to see this happen and quite a few are excited that it did.

FAQ reviewer? How does that work?

"I give the second question a 4 out of 5." :p
  • edited June 2007
    Valve does good to their volunteers...one that I know recently gave a bunch of Valve games as a reward for his help.
  • edited June 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    FAQ reviewer? How does that work?

"I give the second question a 4 out of 5." :p

You know, a review consists of other things than the number at the end of it. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.