Yes! Gametap puts its on-demand programming online for free!

edited July 2007 in Sam & Max
The good news: Now I can watch Sam & Max Animated Series for free! :)

The bad news: I have to watch Lara Croft get chased by a T-Rex between shows, only to be told that I could be paying $7 to get a game like that, making me feel like a total loser. :(

Gametap is doing this so that people can get a taste of what the real Gametap is like, however, I'll ask any non-gametappers this question. Do you want to pay $7 a month to get what's free, and then a bunch of other games? My answer is, no. Giving someone a full video like that, online, for free, is like saying, "You only have a few channels, but with the channels you do have, you can do anything!"

If I even wanted to use this, I'd be like, "I'll buy my own games, because half of those games on there I would never play. And then I still get free programming."

Well, that's my increasingly long, rambling rant about Gametap. Feel free to discuss this new marketing ploy.

Comments

• edited June 2007
    It's cool that people can watch the Sam & Max cartoon for free now. Hopefully it offers a better quality than Youtube.

I'm a GT subscriber, but I feel sheepish about defending it in this forum while international players still resent us, but even if half of the games aren't worth playing, that's half of almost nine hundred, and the other half are worth playing :P

I see what your point is, about offering free content decreases the need to subscribe, but GameTap really is about the games, the video content is just a bonus anyway. Plus, I get to watch it without ads.

But yeah, this is getting a bit off topic. Let's see... on the new GameTap forum, people are already hoping for "More Sam & Max!" so I think Telltale's doing a good job :D
  • edited June 2007
    Well, they'll get it. :)
  • edited June 2007
    Wow! At last! The final episode.. :D *happy* Thx for the info
  • edited June 2007
    Well, it's official: The only episode I have left to see is Fools Die on Friday.

Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD...
  • edited June 2007
    Oh Happy Day!

Edit: Ummm I hope this doesen't affect the sales of the DVD.
  • edited June 2007
    I doubt it. A) That DVD is probably coming out in 2008 at the earliest, and B) People buy DVD's for different reasons, and I don't think watching it at a low resolution on a computer monitor will replace that. Unless the DVD is really bare-bones and low-res.
  • edited June 2007
    Of course, the DVDs ARE in better quality than the Online feeds. But who knows? Maybe we'll see "Fools Die on Friday," when Season 2 comes out!
  • edited June 2007
    Of course, the DVDs ARE in better quality than the Online feeds. But who knows? Maybe we'll see "Fools Die on Friday," when Season 2 comes out!
    If that's the one with the airplane hijacking, you can bet good money that it'll show up on GameTap on the 33rd of Never.
  • edited June 2007
    To get gametap, you really have to have SOME appreciation for its arcade games. I'm a huge fan of Metal Slug myself.
  • edited June 2007
    That's pretty cool, however they are missing "Fools Die On Friday"
  • edited June 2007
    Katana wrote: »
    To get gametap, you really have to have SOME appreciation for its arcade games. I'm a huge fan of Metal Slug myself.

I have Gametap and I've never played its arcade games. I got it so I could play Myst Online. I might have decided Myst Online wasn't enough to justify spending $10 a month if I hadn't discovered a series of games called Sam and Max. ;)
  • edited June 2007
    I really enjoyed finally seeing "the Final Episode"
  • edited June 2007
    Is it just me or is there an INSANE amount of ads? I got literally 10 in a row.
  • edited June 2007
    I found a way to skip them. I just keep clicking the episode icon and when the ads come on I click pause.
    If you mess around with it, it skips them
  • edited June 2007
    is it only for gametap subscribers and if its not what is the web adress, pleas.
  • edited June 2007
    Nope; not only is it free, you don't even need to register! Just go to http://www.gametap.com/home/ and click on "Watch".
  • edited June 2007
    I wouldn't be suprised to find out that Lorne the friend for life was based on AdamG. =P
  • edited July 2007
    Man, GameTap is really expanding its horizons now. What don't they do?

burgertapqf6.jpg
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    I wouldn't be suprised to find out that Lorne the friend for life was based on AdamG. =P

If he was based on any real life Sam & Max fan (unlikely), it was probably Dave LaMacchia, who ran what is still the longest-standing Sam and Max fan page for years and years. I think The Friend For Life is just a stereotypical nerd guy, though.
  • edited July 2007
    Aww, hasn't been an update since '04. I wonder what happend to him.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.