Question arising from new Newsarama article.

edited July 2006 in Bone
Heyya,

There's a new Telltale interview up at Newsarama.com. (thanks for heads-up Udvarnoky)

One piece of conversation has me a little confused;
NRAMA: Back to Bone, you have the license from Jeff to adapt the full series, right? Is he still involved with the process at all, or is his involvement now mostly in the approval process?

Connors: We are currently signed up to do three games and we will be talking to Jeff about more. Jeff, Vijaya (Jeff's wife), and Steve Hamaker (the artist coloring the Bone books) are all involved.

Signed up to do 3 games? I'm wondering if this is some sort of misunderstanding / edit and Dan's referring to Bone, Sam & Max, CSI. Or is the next Bone episode the final one that Telltale currently has the license to produce?

:-/

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2006
    No, he's speficially talking about the Bone license. It's the agreement Telltale and Jeff Smith originally entered into back in 2004 (with the understanding that if the games do well, Telltale will do more, of course).
  • edited June 2006
    So the next Bone chapter could (theoretically) be the last?

:(
  • edited July 2006
    No, he's speficially talking about the Bone license. It's the agreement Telltale and Jeff Smith originally entered into back in 2004 (with the understanding that if the games do well, Telltale will do more, of course).

You could always post Jeff Smiths home address on the forums. It would make him... more inclined, shall we say, to offer you the license for more Bone games. After all, nobody likes an angry mob.

Of course that would be indecent. Totally immoral. Completely unethical. Just plain wrong.

But dont let that stop you. <_<
  • edited July 2006
    Why would anyone want to send Jeff Smith an angry email?
  • edited July 2006
    Why would anyone want to send Jeff Smith an angry email?

I meant if he didnt let TTG continue making the Bone games.

And I was actually thinking more along the lines of parading up and down past his house with flaming torches and pitchforks.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2006
    Don't do that. I think Jeff wants us to continue making Bone games just as much as we want to continue making them.

Not everything's a conspiracy theory, guys. ;)
  • edited July 2006
    Yeah, I've noticed whenever mentions the games in interviews and so forth he always seems to be positive and he made a pretty nice post on his news page about them a couple of weeks back. I'd really like to see an indepth interview with him about what he thinks of the adaptations so far, and what he as (I presume) a non gamer he thinks of the improvements made with The Great Cow Race. Although, that news post did say it was going to be followed up with more and never was. I sense trouble brewing. Bah! By not flooding my mind with a constant flow of games you people leave too much dry ground for me to construct on.
  • edited July 2006
    Well, I don't see another company making better Bone games than Telltale is doing, so...
  • edited July 2006
    Dont worry, I was jesting. I dont actually own a pitchfork, and the flight to America would be quite costly.
  • edited July 2006
    I'd really like to see an indepth interview with him about what he thinks of the adaptations so far, and what he as (I presume) a non gamer he thinks of the improvements made with The Great Cow Race.

There was a good interview with Jeff on AdventureGamers in April

Here's one excerpt:

Q: Of course I have to ask, how pleased are you with the results?

A: Very. The games are funny and charming little visits to the world of Bone!

Read full interview here: http://adventuregamers.com/article/id,623
Sign in to comment in this discussion.