Al Emmo Great!

Just finished playing. I have to say I enjoyed this game, quite humorous and the artwork was excellent. Well worth the money spent.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Cool, glad you liked it! Be sure and let the Himalaya guys know, as they made it!
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks Jake and already did!:D
  • edited July 2007
    Really, you like it? I'm playing the demo right now. So it's worth the money for sure? How long is it?
  • edited October 2007
    Late reply but I only played for a couple of hours at a time and took me a couple of weeks of really relaxing gameplay. I really like to get all the spoken lines, just adds to the humor.
  • edited October 2007
    I would download the demo of Al Emmo but it's 879 MB so once it installs it'll take up about 1.5 GB of space, and even though I have more then enough space on my hard drive for it, I don't want to download a file that big because I heard that downloading things over 800 MB will slow down your computer and I don't want that to happen.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    I don't want to download a file that big because I heard that downloading things over 800 MB will slow down your computer and I don't want that to happen.

I don't know if that's true. That sounds sort of like an old wives' tale of the computer world.
  • edited October 2007
    Is Al Emmo as good as Sam and Max? How log is the demo of Al Emmo?
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    Is Al Emmo as good as Sam and Max? How log is the demo of Al Emmo?

I'm not sure of the length of the Al Emmo demo but here's a review of the game. It's a funny game and I enjoyed it a lot. The humor did not work for everyone who played it though, so the review may help you decide. Also, it hearkens back to older Sierra games where your hotspots aren't defined when you put your cursor over them.
  • edited October 2007
    I played the demo of Al Emmo, but the story line isn't to interesting yet. When do I find out about the mine? Also, in the cemetery the walkthrough says to pick up the bone near the hole. I found the hole but where is the bone? Also, in KoKo's store I can't find the map. Where is the map? Sorry to hit you with all of these questions, but I need your help.
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    It's been quite a while since I've played this so some of these may help and some may not.

For the bone:
    It's actually in the hole. So I would try clicking on the hole itself and look at it with the look icon then switch to the take icon to get it. You may want to make a habit of looking at things before you try and take them.

For the map:
    You need to buy it at Koko's store. Have you gotten a refund for your train ticket yet?
  • edited October 2007
    I have money and got to Koko's store. I bought the magazune and the empty glass flask, but I couldn't find the map.
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    Did it come up as a dialogue option? I can't remember the specifics of the map now. Sorry.
  • edited October 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    Did it come up as a dialogue option? I can't remember the specifics of the map now. Sorry.

No it didn't
  • edited October 2007
    Thanks. The problem with Al Emmo is that the story line isn't that exciting. I'm only in Act 1. Does the story line get better in Act 2? Also, when will I find the lost dutchmens mine?
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    Getting into the mine doesn't happen until the last couple of chapters, so it isn't in the demo (which is the first part of the game).

The story does pick up as the game goes along. :)
  • edited July 2008
    i would absolotely recommend this game :) (i know im a year after, but what the hey, i think its an awesome game, and the humour hit me right in the heart :')
Sign in to comment in this discussion.