Can I make may own subtitles?

edited July 2007 in Sam & Max
Hello, I wanted to know if there is any way I can change the subtitles to Spanish? I mean, if it is allow, to have access to the English subs. and translate them to Spanish and make them work in the game.
Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry if I made any mistake. :)

Comments

• edited July 2007
    I guess it's not possible as the subtiltes are bound into the game. Also I think Telltale would not like this...?

At least as a programmer myself I have no idea how to do so. First task would be to look where the subtitles are stored (maybe in a resource file??)
  • edited July 2007
    I don't know for sure, but I think there is a Spanish version with new voice overs.
  • edited July 2007
    If someone were to break the encryption on Sam & Max's data, then it would be possible.

But you're not allowed to do that, so no.

(http://quick.mixnmojo.com/ has tools for the older, non-encrypted games)
  • edited July 2007
    Just tried extracting the strings from the episode 1 exe. Most of them are gibberish so I'd guess changing them wouldn't be a good idea. Despite being outside the range of the law RabidZombie refers to I don't think I'll investigate beyond that.

There's also some weird stuff in there, I'm pretty sure I scrolled passed a chunk of the manual for oggenc.
  • edited July 2007
    I wouldn't anticipate the subtitles to be encapsulated in the exe. They're probably in the data.ttarch archive which is (as previously mentioned) encrypted.
  • edited July 2007
    Ok thanks, after 140 reads I thought that nobody was going to answer, so thanks to all of you.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.