RIP Western poster print

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited July 2007 in Sam & Max
westernprint_large.png
2005ish - 2007

We've lost a dear friend today. The flurry of Hot Store Action this week has managed to totally deplete the warehouse of Sam & Max "Western" poster prints, so they've left the store :(

Let's remove our hats to honor our old friend the Western print; may he happily join the ranks of two decades worth of limited run Sam & Max merchandise on eBay and on the walls of people's homes who were clever enough to buy stuff yesterday.

Good news: We have a few dozen more Western prints floating around the office, and will be selling them at Comic-Con. So if you really need one, you'd better stop by our booth in San Diego next month!

Comments

• edited June 2007
    It's a good thing I don't have any wall space for this poster, or I may actually be sad and start performing an act against nature by kicking myself in the groin.

Here's hoping you guys end up holding an impromtu auction at Comic Con for the remaining posters! Or even better, a Pin-a-tail-on-Max contest featuring dangerous impliments of various sizes and sharpness!!
  • edited June 2007
    Glad I got both prints early on...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007

Maybe...
  • edited June 2007
    Well, damn.... I was going to order a copy when I got the Season set. :(
  • edited June 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Maybe...

That's such a typical marketing answer. ;)
  • edited June 2007
    Aw, shoot. I missed my chance.

Although with the crapload of posters I've got from old Nintendo Power issues hanging in my room, I don't know if I could find room... (Actually, the posters are all from the issues that don't have the articles printed on the opposite side, as I much prefer being able to read the articles over looking at the centerfolds...kind of like playboy in reverse...)
  • edited June 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    That's such a typical marketing answer. ;)

Thanks for your response! We are currently evaluating all of our options and will reply to your message as soon as possible.
  • edited June 2007
    Well its better than a LucasArts PR response :p Please direct all your e-mails to this address so we can completely ignore you
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Heh! I know the person who was reading pr@lucasarts.com during that week.
  • edited June 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Thanks for your response! We are currently evaluating all of our options and will reply to your message as soon as possible.

Now that's a typical Tabacco answer! :D

--Erwin
  • edited June 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Heh! I know the person who was reading pr@lucasarts.com during that week.

who was that? I know it wasn't mike nelson ;)
  • edited June 2007
    Nooooo! I was waiting until I got the bonus disk, now all my hopes and dreams are ruined. But then all I really want is an awesome Sam and Max poster, drawn by Steve Purcell, with an incredibly detailed scene or collection of scenes. If you could just churn one of the out t'would be grand:p
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Nooooo! I was waiting until I got the bonus disk

Apparently so were a bunch of other people. :p
  • edited June 2007
    I got mine a while back. (Pre-Christmas)

I only got them framed last month, and I still need to put them on the wall...
  • edited June 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    who was that? I know it wasn't mike nelson ;)
    Wasn't it Rhonda something-or-other?
  • edited June 2007
    Maybe Dan Connors was reading and thats why he started Telltale..there were a lot of passionate responses sent by sam and max fans to that e-mail...
    edited June 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    Wasn't it Rhonda something-or-other?

Heh yeah it was Ronda Scott, who did a lot of community relations stuff at LucasArts at the time.
  • edited June 2007
    im happy that I got my two prints before telltale even had a store.. what was that darn site they started selling on.. had an odd name.. Darn on the tip of my brain! The site also had a section for spudvision with a picture of the potato saying COMMING SOON...

This was oohh idk looonnng time ago :P
    bet someone knows the site im talking about lol.
    edited June 2007
    You're thinking of Tantrum Entertainment, I think.
  • edited June 2007
    I'm thinking I'm gonna kick myself in the face for missing the poster. :(
  • edited June 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    I'm thinking I'm gonna kick myself in the face for missing the poster. :(
    YouTube, kthx.
  • edited July 2007
    hmm

Order Date: Jun 27, 2007 2:42:32 PM

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Amount
    samandmax-western Sam & Max Poster Print - Wester 1 14.99USD
    samandmax-sketchbook Sam & Max Sketchbook 1 17.99USD
    samandmax-s1-file Sam & Max Season One Case File 1 4.99USD
    samandmax-s1-dvd Sam & Max Season One Bonus Disc 1 0.00USD

Does this mean I nabbed the last one? :D
  • edited July 2007
    thank goodness my brother got those two posters for me for christmas in 2004
    edited July 2007
    I just checked today and the ones I have at home got water stained at some point :( It made me very sad.
  • edited July 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I just checked today and the ones I have at home got water stained at some point :( It made me very sad.

Mine are still nicely framed on my wall... ah, good old 2004...
    edited July 2007
    I've had mine about that long as well, and never put them up, which is why I am now sad.
  • edited July 2007
    I will forgive telltale for this as long as they promise to produce a max for president campaign poster or a max as president poster. That I will totally buy.
  • edited July 2007
    The two new ones need to be the stylish season 1 cover and a Max For President one.
  • edited July 2007
    oh I agree sam campaign merch would rock! posters pins lets do this people!
    I think he may have a chance!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.