Sam & Max winamp skin

edited July 2007 in Sam & Max
I make a bunch of Winamp Skins. This is one of them. It's not done yet, but I thought I'd show it here and see if people have any comments or suggestions. I'm basing the design on the website... hopefully this will be considered fanart and not infringement. ;)

prev1rp4.jpg

I've also made one based on Day of the Tentacle, although this one is a different style.

Comments

• edited July 2007
    I'll definitely use it if it's well made. Any idea when you'll finish?
  • edited July 2007
    No clue yet. But I tend to not put these down until I'm done with them, so I'd be surprised if it's not finished sometime this weekend. Most of the creative stuff is done already, it's just the tedious stuff that's left.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Haha that's nice! I like the hastily reappropriated Max for President button.
  • edited July 2007
    I wants i wants! I dont even use winamp :P

PS

you need to add a rat or two XD maybe a bad day at the moon photo from the office wall? :P
  • edited July 2007
    Slight update showing the skin in action.

previj0.jpg
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Nicely Done!
  • edited July 2007
    If I used Winamp, I would use this skin.

But, Winamp sucks. Or, at least it did 4 years ago the last time I used it. Is it better now?
  • edited July 2007
    Better than 4 years ago? I think so.

I dunno. It plays mp3 files, and I make skins for it. What more could you want? ;)

Still, Winamp 5 is a lot better than Winamp 3 was, so it might be worth checking it out again.
  • edited July 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Slight update showing the skin in action.

previj0.jpg

Any way you can make the EQ buttons/sliders bullet holes?
  • edited July 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Any way you can make the EQ buttons/sliders bullet holes?

Yes! Yes I can.

And I like that idea better than what I have now! Will do.

bulleteqap6.jpg
  • edited July 2007
    Nice. Now it's perfect in my book. :D
  • edited July 2007
    Wow, that's realy cool! I'm gonna use it!
    I usually don't use special Winamp-Skins, because often, they make everything confusing. But this one is completely cool :-)

edit: I see, there's no volume-bar yet.. what about a roach (from above)? well, just an idea..
  • edited July 2007
    The volume bar is the string of bullets, the indicator, the picture
  • edited July 2007
    I think the volume control is the DeSoto actually.
  • edited July 2007
    The desoto is the indicator showing where you are in a song
  • edited July 2007
    Yeah there's no volume control visible in the current screenshot, but I've made one, it's the same sort of bullethole track I used in my Trigun skin.

The Desoto is the progress bar, yes.

The picture is just for decoration, actually.

Umm... it's almost done. I'm getting kinda burned out on it, but it should be up in a couple of days.
  • edited July 2007
    Awesome work.
  • edited July 2007
    Can't wait!!!
    Hope it comes with a manual though.It would be sooooo hard to understant some thingies(like the menu, which you NEED if ure gonna ever change another skin, or change the settings)
  • edited July 2007
    unsilviu wrote: »
    Hope it comes with a manual though.It would be sooooo hard to understant some thingies(like the menu, which you NEED if ure gonna ever change another skin, or change the settings)
    It's no more obscure than the standard WinAmp skin.
  • edited July 2007
    The thing about winamp "classic skins" like this one: Everything is in the exact same place in every skin. You learn it, over time. The all-important menu can always be accessed by right-clicking on the titlebar.
  • edited July 2007
    Done!

3615.big.jpg

You can download it from here.
  • edited July 2007
    Sweet! Took me a few minutes to adjust but I'm all good now. :D

Edit: Oh, the only thing that I think would make it better is if the pointer was Jessie James' hand. :p
  • edited July 2007
    *is expecting a mirror download on TTG's server* What? It's that good that it should be a part of the collective set of downloads on the Season 1 site.
  • edited July 2007
    So... how do I install it?
  • edited July 2007
    I got hit by an option to open it in winamp as soon as I started downloading it. Maybe you can just double-click it or something. Moving the .wsz file to you skin directory (normally "Program Files\Winamp\Skins") should work as well.
  • edited July 2007
    Sweet. I love this skin.
  • edited July 2007
    nice!
  • edited July 2007
    edit: I got it
  • edited July 2007
    This is good, I believe I am going to like this. Do you have on in MI?
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks everbody.
    Do you have on in MI?

I've considered it, but it's on the back burner for now. I tend not to make 2 game skins in a row, especially in the same genre, so it might be a while before I go back to that idea.

Plus I'm still playing through the MI series, so I don't want to make a skin until I've seen everything! :p It's likely to end up more like my DoTT skin than like this S&M skin, but you never know.
    It's that good that it should be a part of the collective set of downloads on the Season 1 site.

Thanks! That's about the best compliment I can expect :D
  • edited July 2007
    hey... i'm new to the forums. your skin is really so nice and also works good... perfect work!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.