BEST GAME: Need to know :)

edited July 2007 in Sam & Max
I am going to buy a Sam and Max game but I want to make sure I pick a good one. The BEST one. Could you please, please, please make a review for your favorite game. Thanx!:D

Comments

• edited July 2007
    They can't really be thought of as seperate games, but rather smaller parts of one much larger game, that being Season One as a whole. therefore, I suggest buying the full season, if only because it'll make the game's plot much easier to understand...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    My favorite is episode 4, Abe Lincoln Must Die.
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2007
    Mine's episode 7... well, it will be (or maybe episode 8, 9 or ...)

Seriously, go for the whole season, it will be cheaper in the long run, plus you get a $0 (plus s/h) Season 1 DVD.

If you want to get the feeling, try the demos and unlock/upgrade later (I did, and I'm glad I did)
  • edited July 2007
    Yes; playing the demos is a very good idea - after trying the Episode 1 demo I was instantly persuaded to buy the whole season. Now that all six demos are out, I'd estimate there's about half an episode's worth of playable content out there for free! Easily enough to make up your mind.
  • edited July 2007
    Some episodes may be be better than others, and those episodes may be in the middle, but I really don't think there's anywhere to start but from the beginning.
  • edited July 2007
    Wow, thanks so much guys! I think I'll buy the whole season now! You've conviced me. Thanks again.:);)
  • edited July 2007
    The last one, alone for the wonderful (life) crystals! :O)

"It's a me, Mario" also was good.

Anyway i wonder how much sense it makes beginning somewhere in the middle...get em all!
  • edited July 2007
    SPOILERS!

Except for the sixth, none of the episodes is really linked very strongly apart from the ending segment of each one. Each of the first five is just a different unrelated segment of
    Hugh Bliss's plan
    . You could say 3 and 4 were linked by
    Chuckles, but his involvement with the Toy Mafia has no bearing on what happens in Episode 4, and he could easily have been replaced by a different lackey

So to someone who hasn't played the games and won't read the spoilers, this whole post is just about useless! Basically I think it's best to start from the beginning, but if you really want to choose a different one, all I'll say is don't go for Episode Six.
  • edited July 2007
    i like the mole, the mob and the meatball the best.
    the nino rota score mockups, the best door man ever:
    welcome to the .....
    all episodes have their highlights but this episode (and reality2.0) had
    me grinning and laughing the whole runtime.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.