BTTF Playable in OSX Mountain Lion and retina display macbook pro?

edited September 2012 in Back to the Future
I'm looking forward to buying this game soon and i have ordered a new retina macbook pro with delivery pending. Can this game run on OSX mountain lion (scheduled for release in one weeks time) and can it support the retina display (2880x1800) on the macbook pro? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    The retina Macbook is new, so Telltale probably didn't program the game to support the full resolution capability of the retina display (the game was released in early 2011). Telltale had to update their iPad applications to support the retina display, so it's probably safe to assume that they'd have to do so for MacOS too.

As for OSX Mountain Lion, it's not out yet, so it's not possible to say whether it would run on it or not. It does run on OSX Lion though (and was built for OSX Snow Leopard), and I'm pretty sure that Apple wouldn't want to run the risk of a customer service nightmare of breaking support for programs that run in the single version prior.
  • edited September 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    The retina Macbook is new, so Telltale probably didn't program the game to support the full resolution capability of the retina display (the game was released in early 2011). Telltale had to update their iPad applications to support the retina display, so it's probably safe to assume that they'd have to do so for MacOS too.

As for OSX Mountain Lion, it's not out yet, so it's not possible to say whether it would run on it or not. It does run on OSX Lion though (and was built for OSX Snow Leopard), and I'm pretty sure that Apple wouldn't want to run the risk of a customer service nightmare of breaking support for programs that run in the single version prior.

I am pretty sure you may already know this but just in case I am running mountain lion and it runs just fine.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.