1,2 OK 3,4,5 don't work

Bought Back to the Future on STEAM. Downloaded all 5 episodes but only 1 and 2 play. Episodes 3,4 and 5 Crash just as the music starts to play or immediately. I get a *exe file quit* alert and thats as far as they go. I have all 5 set in compatability mode for XPsp3 and run as administrator. Looking in the STEAM common folder the 5 game folders are labled as ep1, ep2 and then Back to the future103, Back to the Future104 etcetra ... so coincidence that 1 and 2 work while named that way and 3,4 and 5 don't and the folders labled differently? I obviously looked inside as that is where I made proper shortcuts to the .exe files (not just the STEAM web/shortcut) and all the game .exes are there 6000 or so megabytes each ... ANyone have any idea why 1 and 2 work but the others crash? I have also validated each game and defragged them as well as completely trashing them and their respective folder in Documents and then redownloaded ... but they just won't work.:confused:

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Can you run the other episodes from within the episode 1 or 2 exe (by opening episode 1 or 2, but clicking on the episode you want to play from the opening menu and then selecting the large play button at the bottom)?
  • edited July 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Can you run the other episodes from within the episode 1 or 2 exe (by opening episode 1 or 2, but clicking on the episode you want to play from the opening menu and then selecting the large play button at the bottom)?

I have been reading about that ability but have not seen any menu option in one or two to do so. CONTINUE or NEW GAME appear to be my only choices ...:)
    It gets frustrating after awhile as I have been spending all my spare time trying to get it all to work. I just got up and here I am again ..... I like the game as it is like an interactive cartoon.
    I don't see any episode selections to offer anyother play but the game episode exe I click. :(
    Thanks ... Gonna start it up and look harder for that episode selection but I assume it would be obvious in plain sight. :confused:

Played some more Episode one with no problems ... Hard to quit :) as I find it engrossing anyways on the menu I have the options to CONTINUE-LOAD-NEW GAME ... Nothing regarding choosing other episodes ... *Maybe this selection only opens up after you finish ONE and then start TWO ??? I don't know ...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    on the menu I have the options to CONTINUE-LOAD-NEW GAME ... Nothing regarding choosing other episodes ... *Maybe this selection only opens up after you finish ONE and then start TWO ??? I don't know ...
    I don't have the game on Steam, but maybe it's different there. In the version from Telltale's website, there is a window that pops up before the game starts where you are shown the name of the episode along with a piece of concept art from the episode, along with a bunch of Telltale related stuff like ads for their other games and posts in the Back to the Future part of these forums. You can select which episode to play from there by clicking on the left side of the window. If Steam doesn't have that window, then you can't choose an episode from an other episode. If that's the case, you will probably be better off posting in the game support forums so a member of the Telltale staff will be able to see your problem and help with it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.