So Freelance Police is not cancelled?

edited December 2005 in Sam & Max
Just saw the question/answer, and it confused me. Did Telltale get the source code and all artwork from Freelance Police?

Comments

• edited November 2005
    What gives you that idea?
  • edited November 2005
    Just saw the question/answer, and it confused me. Did Telltale get the source code and all artwork from Freelance Police?
    What? No! They were just joking, like giving a big F.U. to LucasArts. It's going to be a completely new game(s). Or at least, it's not going to be using any of the old code. I do wonder if they're going to use some of the storylines, jokes, and minigames, though. But maybe I'm just naive and hopeful that way. At any rate, I'm positive that Telltale is creative enough to make up their own excellent content for the new Sam & Max episodes.
  • edited November 2005
    Alternative names? Sam and Max Return seemed to be the link title, but that title really wouldn't lend itself to the episodic format the way "Freelance Police" would have.

Oh well. So, how close to the Lucasarts representation of the world that we saw, can they feasably get? Who owns that particular "world" from the first game? Steve? Or Lucasarts?

The office has to return as it was, there's no escaping that. So. How different does it have to be to avoid Lucasarts being pricks and calling legal peeps?
  • edited November 2005
    Ahh...So they were joking. *DOH*! I should've got that joke, but didn't. In any case, if they were to acquire the source and other stuff, we could see a complete Sam N Max game a lot quicker, than having them rewrite a whole new story/game.
  • edited November 2005
    It was confirmed previously that these games will absolutely not be Freelance Police. It will be new.
  • edited November 2005
    Ahh...So they were joking. *DOH*! I should've got that joke, but didn't. In any case, if they were to acquire the source and other stuff, we could see a complete Sam N Max game a lot quicker, than having them rewrite a whole new story/game.

We can still always vainly hope for that to happen, when Telltale has much more money to spend and several years have passed, giving time for LucasArts to look for a way to make some quick cash. I'm not holding my breath for that, though. But it's still a nice dream. ;)
  • edited November 2005
    I am.
    *mphmmmmmm*
    GASP!! Huff huff huff...

lets try again...
    *mphmmmmmm*
    GASP!! Huff huff huff...

No, once more...
    *mphmmmmmm*
    GASP!! Huff huff huff...

Aw, forget about it...
  • edited November 2005
    I am.
    *mphmmmmmm*
    GASP!! Huff huff huff...

lets try again...
    *mphmmmmmm*
    GASP!! Huff huff huff...

No, once more...
    *mphmmmmmm*
    GASP!! Huff huff huff...

Aw, forget about it...
    ...are you okay? Are you being murdered? Are you eating paste? Do we need to call 911?
  • edited December 2005
    Explain me something.

What CANCELLED Freelance Police? <----I thought they were implying that they were continuing the already existant product. 2006 release? Definitely yes.

Telltale's Sam and Max team is basicallly the same as LA's Sam and Max's team.
  • edited December 2005
    You misunderstood. First of all it was a joke, secondly it means that it will not be Freelance Police. It will be a new game started from scratch. They weren't trying to trick or mislead anybody.
  • edited December 2005
    I misunderstood? Impossible!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.