do you really want to see flint paper in season 2?

edited July 2007 in Sam & Max
If we don't get Flint I say we protest outside telltale offices..or start an online petition :p

Comments

• edited July 2007
    "You wanna piece of me, huh!?"

:D
  • edited July 2007
    Yeah, seeing the character would be cool, but in the comics we've observed Flint Paper doing nothing but beating other people senseless -- would he really fit in a game that has been softened for general audiences?
  • edited July 2007
    CaptainXax wrote: »
    Yeah, seeing the character would be cool, but in the comics we've observed Flint Paper doing nothing but beating other people senseless -- would he really fit in a game that has been softened for general audiences?

No.

But he would fit just fine in Sam & Max Season 2 :p

I think he'd work best as an "Unseen Character" most of the time, like he was in Hit the Road. Perhaps with a bit more of a presence, but still not as much as Sybil or Bosco in Season 1.
  • edited July 2007
    I think he would be great..as one of those characters that could be used sparingly..but generate great laughs.. kind of like a "newman" in seinfeld..
  • edited July 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    kind of like a "newman" in seinfeld..

Yeah, that sort of thing would be perfect. Although it would be tricky to do that in a 6-episode season. How many episodes would he show up in? Two? I guess that wouldn't be that bad. Maybe have his office door visible (and clickable) in each episode, but not actually let you enter it until the later episodes.
  • edited July 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Maybe have his office door visible (and clickable) in each episode, but not actually let you enter it until the later episodes.

That's a pretty good idea :)
  • edited July 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I think he'd work best as an "Unseen Character" most of the time, like he was in Hit the Road. Perhaps with a bit more of a presence, but still not as much as Sybil or Bosco in Season 1.

I agree with that, and with your post about not necessarily being in all episodes, too. It might be nice to see a few of the classic characters make an appearance, but for the main roles I'd much rather see something original than a rehash of old, previously used ideas.
  • edited July 2007
    Flint is a great character in the comics remember..
  • edited July 2007
    Seeing Flint Paper would be realy cool, but I'm not sure how he would react to Sam & Max. Now I must admit that I haven't read the comics(They are rather hard to come by nowadays), so I don't know if his attitude towards the duo is shown at any given time.
    Still it would be great(as suggested) to include his door as a clickable thing in earlier epispodes and to be able to enter it in later episodes.
    We all know Max idolises Flint, so I would realy like to see him talk to Flint. Also I think it would be fun if Flint had an You-Scratch-My-Back-I'll-scratch-yours relation with Sam, which in turn could create realy nice puzzels and conversation.
  • edited July 2007
    Flint will destroy the whole season because there would be to many people in it.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited July 2007
    Flint will destroy the whole season because there would be to many people in it.

Huh? :confused:
  • edited July 2007
    -shrug-

That's the first time I ever heard anyone not want more NPCs. :/
  • edited July 2007

Please explain.. :mad:
  • edited July 2007
    What are you smoking?!:mad: Flint's awesome!

As for the poll, I picked "Hell yes!" I won't be really pissed or anything if he doesn't show up, but I would be really excited if he did.
  • edited July 2007
    Yeah, bring Flint Paper back in Season 2, and maybe even the Rubber Pants Commandos! Though both may bring a new level of violence to the game? Hurray, more violence please! :D
  • edited July 2007
    the Rubber Pants Commandos! :D

the rubber pants commandos are so cool! :D:D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Who are the three weirdos who voted "No!"?

Since we listen to fan feedback, Flint will not be included, thanks to those three "no" votes. We will, however, be introducing Schmint Schmaper, an overweight tapdancing Hasidic Jew who rents an office on the ground floor of Sam & Max's building, who always wants to lend a hand to their investigations but is perpetually rebuffed by the duo.
  • edited July 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Since we listen to fan feedback, Flint will not be included, thanks to those three "no" votes. We will, however, be introducing Schmint Schmaper, an overweight tapdancing Hasidic Jew who rents an office on the ground floor of Sam & Max's building, who always wants to lend a hand to their investigations but is perpetually rebuffed by the duo.
    That sounds so much better than Flint Paper. :D
  • edited July 2007
    Jake wrote: »

That sounds good but It would be a lot funnier if he was on the second floor
  • edited July 2007
    Shame to not getting Flint Paper in, but Schmint Schmaper sounds interesting, but will the developers be able to make him tap-dance...? :confused:
  • edited July 2007
    Although the "Schmint Schmaper" idea was a joke, that'd actually be a hilarious idea if you ever do an "alternate dimension" episode. :D
  • edited July 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    That sounds good but It would be a lot funnier if he was on the second floor
    No room left. That's where Luka lives.
  • edited July 2007
    Flint should be just upstairs from the office, and his office should be a complete dump! Or is Flint generally quite neat? :/
  • edited July 2007
    Chuck wrote: »
    No room left. That's where Luka lives.

Ouch.
  • edited July 2007
    Who's Luka? Hmmm... Luka... Lemme see... Nope, doesn't ring a bell. :/
  • MelMel
    edited July 2007
  • edited July 2007
    That tom's diner album of covers was great..okay now I'm getting sidetracked
  • edited July 2007
    I wanna see an episode, placed entirely inside Sam & Max's office on a rainy day, where they must solve a case in their very own building...with Flint and Jimmy involved.

That is my idea. It would be so cool...
  • edited July 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    I wanna see an episode, placed entirely inside Sam & Max's office on a rainy day, where they must solve a case in their very own building...with Flint and Jimmy involved.

That is my idea. It would be so cool...

If they got to explore the entire building, sure. That could be cool.
  • edited July 2007
    As long as the building involved at least 6 rooms, and trapdoors into a fantasy world, Pan's Labyrinth style.
  • edited July 2007
    If said rainy day episode involved the supernatural, such as a good old fashioned haunting, and also had lightning and thunder effects, then I would like it a lot. :) Ooo ooo, and how about for the beggining of the episode the power is out and you have to navigate by lightning flashes, like in umm... What was it... I think it was the sequel to 7 Days a something by Ben Krenshaw or something of the sort.
  • edited July 2007
    Heh, wow, that would be kind of neat. Sam & Max would be trapped in their building and have to defeat some kind of poltergeist. They could bring back the hallway and add some rooms outside their office, giving the episode a very Maniac Mansion like feel.
  • edited July 2007
    Here's hoping for Flint (though really, Jake all but confirmed it). I wonder if he'll look like he did in the comics and the infamous Freelance Police?
  • edited July 2007
    If Flint's in season 2, I'm pretty sure he will look different to freelance police's version
  • edited July 2007
    I don't know much about the comics/Freelance Police; is Flint different in each? Why do you expect him to be changed for Season 2?

Edit: Very sorry - I'm being stupid - Freelance Police is Sam and Max 2, isn't it?? I just found a FP screenshot of him and thought I'd discovered some Telltale artifact :p Anyway, I hope he does look different, to be honest. I don't think he looks very believable in FP.
  • edited July 2007
    Flint from the comics..

snmflint.jpg

Flint in Freelance Police..
  • edited July 2007
    And here's some concept art of Flint Paper by Steve Purcell. (Also available in the sketchbook I believe.)
  • MelMel
    edited July 2007
    The one in the sketchbook is a B&W full body sketch looking right at you (as well as a 3/4 profile of his face only. His fists are clenched at his side, he has a scowl on his face and he seems broader and a bit shorter than the picture you showed.
  • edited July 2007
    I think we could expect Flint to be very close to his general shape and features as they are shown in the comics (If he is ever in the game). They're very particular about that and I doubt they would want it to deviate much, if it all, from the original. :) They wouldn't dream of messing up Flint, and they have really good model makers.
  • edited July 2007
    please please please put in rubber pants commandos!!!!!

and Mack Salmon!!!

best side characters ever!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.