Season 3 and Bosco..

edited November 2012 in Sam & Max
I bought the entire series some months back and finally reached s3 and was very disappointing how they got rid of Bosco and Jimmy two teeth.
Who the hell came up with the idea to get rid of that character and the voice actor for Bosco/Jimmy?
Is it just me who miss those characters?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    They weren't necessary to Season 3's plot. But they're not "gotten rid of" - they may be back! They just need a reason to come back, is all.
  • edited July 2012
    They weren't necessary to Season 3's plot. But they're not "gotten rid of" - they may be back! They just need a reason to come back, is all.
    Let's hope there will be a new season then.
    I just loved that characters, so don't really understand why they got rid of him.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Ahhhh, no, it was well done how they did it. Bosco was talked about a lot, we've had a perfect explanation as to why he wasn't there, and after two BoscoSeasons, a pause was well needed. I was hoping for a cameo, just like Sybil had one. Maybe they're doing exactly that in Season 4.
  • edited July 2012
    God knows where Jimmy's gone, though!
  • edited July 2012
    FrankT wrote: »
    God knows where Jimmy's gone, though!
    He was apparently voiced by the same voice actor as Bosco.
    When i discovered that Bosco seemed to be gone i searched it up on google and found a interview with the actor where he claimed that telltale told him that they did not need him anymore for third season, even though he was open for another season.

Here is the interview: http://samandmax.co.uk/2010/02/interview-with-joey-camen/
    Thanks for your time, Joey! Can we expect to hear more of you in season three?
    You’re welcome, Joe. As far as voicing Bosco again, I was told Bosco was not needed for season three. I’m serious. It can mean one of two things. They are telling the truth and cut out his character OR they simply cannot afford me anymore and have replaced me with another voice actor, which does happen more than you know. Such is showbiz. Write them and ask, where is Bosco? Let’s get a campaign going boys and girls.
  • edited July 2012
    Ahhhh, no, it was well done how they did it. Bosco was talked about a lot, we've had a perfect explanation as to why he wasn't there, and after two BoscoSeasons, a pause was well needed. I was hoping for a cameo, just like Sybil had one. Maybe they're doing exactly that in Season 4.

Basically this.
    They were both major side-characters of the first 2 seasons, but weren't needed for the 3rd. Depending on what the plot of the 4th is, they may or may not be back for it. Again, it depends on if they're needed.
  • edited July 2012
    Basically this.
    They were both major side-characters of the first 2 seasons, but weren't needed for the 3rd. Depending on what the plot of the 4th is, they may or may not be back for it. Again, it depends on if they're needed.
    Then they need to make sure they are needed . :p
    Bosco is just too good of a character to not include.
    One of the main things I looked forward to was to visit bosco store.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm not that bothered about it, you could see the lessening of the characters coming up to it. The multi-chaptered story didn't really require many recurring characters. I like Bosco and Jimmy Two Teeth as characters but found having there each episode restricted the places they could go. Sam and Max is all about chaotic things happening and going on crazy adventures having to go back to the street to find ouit what new disguise Bosco was wearing or what was Sybils new job was to solve each of the problems made he game world seem really small. The characters also made the game formulaic which is something Sam & Max shouldn't be.
  • edited July 2012
    It is interesting that the voice actor was available and willing and yet Telltale decided not to use him. I get that Bosco and Jimmy would not have worked as reoccurring characters because of the way the story was structured but it does seem like they could have given one or both characters cameos at some point.

I always just assumed the voice actor was unavailable for some reason and they had to write around it. If they do do a season 4 I think they'll have to bring Bosco back in some capacity.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2012
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    It is interesting that the voice actor was available and willing and yet Telltale decided not to use him. I get that Bosco and Jimmy would not have worked as reoccurring characters because of the way the story was structured but it does seem like they could have given one or both characters cameos at some point.

I always just assumed the voice actor was unavailable for some reason and they had to write around it. If they do do a season 4 I think they'll have to bring Bosco back in some capacity.

During Season 3 I think we were all feeling over-exposed to Bosco, and felt that his story had a pretty good end at the conclusion of Season 2 (a season which over time was revealed to be almost entirely about Bosco and his activities). Fun Bosco fact: He almost came back somewhere in Season 3 (we had talked about him bursting through a wall in a crazy suit like the load lifter from Aliens, made out of Bluster Blaster's body, saving Sam & Max in a pinch, and having Sam & Max say "hey it's our old friend Bosco!") but the story ended up going a different way and that moment fell out.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Poor Bluster! ;)
  • edited July 2012
    I really missed Bosco in Season 3. It was the best secondary character. He has some of the funniest line in the series.
  • edited July 2012
    We could introduce him to Dale Gribble. ^^
  • edited August 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    During Season 3 I think we were all feeling over-exposed to Bosco, and felt that his story had a pretty good end at the conclusion of Season 2 (a season which over time was revealed to be almost entirely about Bosco and his activities). Fun Bosco fact: He almost came back somewhere in Season 3 (we had talked about him bursting through a wall in a crazy suit like the load lifter from Aliens, made out of Bluster Blaster's body, saving Sam & Max in a pinch, and having Sam & Max say "hey it's our old friend Bosco!") but the story ended up going a different way and that moment fell out.

That makes sense. I do admit it did feel nice to take a break from some of these characters, and it probably gave you guys a lot more freedom creatively speaking.

For the record though, Bosco bursting through the wall in a crazy suit like the load lifter from Aliens, made out of Bluster Blaster's body, saving Sam & Max in a pinch would have been really cool. (I think you have your opening of season 4 right here.)
  • edited August 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    Fun Bosco fact: He almost came back somewhere in Season 3 (we had talked about him bursting through a wall in a crazy suit like the load lifter from Aliens, made out of Bluster Blaster's body, saving Sam & Max in a pinch, and having Sam & Max say "hey it's our old friend Bosco!") but the story ended up going a different way and that moment fell out.

So, concept art? Or are you going to make us blitz the Fan Art forum with our own interpretations? :p

Bluster Blaster: ALL WILL FALL! LITERALLY! *CRASH*
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2012
    That didn't get past early story meetings so it was never drawn.
  • edited August 2012
    That would have been in the grand tradition of Sam and Max being saved by random deus ex machina :D
  • edited August 2012
    Or in this case, a Bosco ex Machina.
  • edited August 2012
    boxman wrote: »
    Then they need to make sure they are needed . :p
    Bosco is just too good of a character to not include.
    One of the main things I looked forward to was to visit bosco store.
    Well we visited Bosco labs...
  • edited September 2012
    While Bosco was a great character in first two seasons I think the story of Season 3 worked just fine without him. I think that while bringing back some of the old characters is a good thing, because it creates continuity, it's a bad idea to bring back everyone, because then you have no room for new characters and Season 3 had some very interesting new personalities. I assume that the Soda Poppers were also left out from Season 3, because they were so prominent earlier and some people were growing tired of them.

Let's hope that Bosco makes some cameo in Season 4, but I don't wish to see him in as prominent role as he was in Season 2. Other characters I would like to see return are Flint Paper (who is one of the best supporting characters ever) and Girl Stinky, but I assume we don't see the latter, because she had so prominent role in Season 3.
  • edited September 2012
    boxman wrote: »
    I bought the entire series some months back and finally reached s3 and was very disappointing how they got rid of Bosco and Jimmy two teeth.
    Who the hell came up with the idea to get rid of that character and the voice actor for Bosco/Jimmy?
    Is it just me who miss those characters?

There was no use for either of the characters in this season. I love both of the characters, but they are kind of annoying and distract you from your main objective. When I found out Bosco wouldn't sell anything in Season 2, I was really happy I would have to deal with getting money for his crappy stuff.
  • edited November 2012
    Oh! I am SO relieved to learn that Bosco isn't in season three! That character is a freakin' waste of space and IMHO went a long way towards making season two the failure that it is.
  • edited November 2012
    A lot of big concerns to what really did happen to Bosco as in episode 304, when you meet up with Bluster Blaster he references Bosco's left in Vegas. It would of been awesome to reconnect with Bosco in the last episode 305, when the whole gang reunites to stop Max's evil tumor. Hope season 4 comes out soon & Bosco comes back as a secondary character again
Sign in to comment in this discussion.