Poor gaming perfomance Tales of Monkey Island

Hi,

I'm experiencing chopping frame rates and a very laggy interface playing Tales of Monkey Island on my laptop.
I have a HP Pavilion G series with a Intel Core i3-2310 CPU @ 2.1GHz and a Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card. The operating system is Windows 7.

Since the graphics in the game aren't that hefty I would expect no problems at all playing the game, but even on 1024x768 the game is very laggy. :(

Is this normal? How can I improve the performance?

Thanks!

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Xiphias12 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm experiencing chopping frame rates and a very laggy interface playing Tales of Monkey Island on my laptop.
    I have a HP Pavilion G series with a Intel Core i3-2310 CPU @ 2.1GHz and a Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card. The operating system is Windows 7.

Since the graphics in the game aren't that hefty I would expect no problems at all playing the game, but even on 1024x768 the game is very laggy. :(

Is this normal? How can I improve the performance?

Thanks!
    Your specifications are lower than the minimum since the Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card has no dedicated memory. Tales of Monkey Island requires 64MB of dedicated video memory (128MB is recommended).

Tales of Monkey Island PC System Requirements:
    Operating system: Windows XP / Vista
    Processor: 2.0 GHz + (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)
    Memory: 512MB (1GB rec.) Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device
    Video: 64MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)
    DirectX™: Version 9.0c or better

The only thing I can suggest other than upgrading your video card is to turn all of the settings all the way down and choose a smaller screen resolution. I also have a machine that has a video card that's below the minimum requirements, and have to turn all of my settings down and a video resolution of 800x600. The game runs fine then.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, on board graphics = no real graphics card = bad or no performance at all. Can't be helped. :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.