Soundtracks shipping now

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
I just got my shipping notice for mine. Anyone of official significance care to chime in on when the other stuff is coming? You know, for the record?

Comments

• edited July 2007
    That's awesome news! Case files still have to be manually put together, which will start happening during comic-con and then shipped to the warehouse, so those are probably not going to be shipping out til the first week of August.
  • edited July 2007
    Any chance of some photos of the final soundtrack packaging?
  • edited July 2007
    Yay! Now all that I need for my order is the case file! :D Can't wait!
  • edited July 2007
    can some1 get rid of the case file on my order..i dont want to wait and i can order that later
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Hero, just email support with the order number and ask to have the case file removed from the order. Ryan can take care of it for you tomorrow.
  • edited July 2007
    done.thanks.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Any chance of some photos of the final soundtrack packaging?

I'll put some up soon. Tonight if I can remember.
  • edited July 2007
    I hate it when stuff depends on your short-term memory...
  • edited July 2007
    Sooooo... "tonight", eh?
  • edited July 2007
    yes, but he didn't say which "tonight".
  • edited July 2007
    marsan wrote: »
    yes, but he didn't say which "tonight".

That excuse would've worked if he'd said "in the evening" or "at night"... but TOnight... well, a mistake HE won't make again. (or wouldn't, if this - again - wouldn't be dependent on his short-term memory). :p
  • edited July 2007
    Yeah... Give him a break. There's apparently significant problems with source control of their website from afar...
  • edited July 2007
    He'll handle it.
  • edited July 2007
    I might have to get this. Jared has really blown me away. The soundrack from the original was a big part of the game, but the new one sounds even better. Some of the goofy vocal songs are great too (The War Song, It's a Max Max Max World, Ted E. Bear's theme). That guy was a good find, I say.

Have you guys considered offering a download version of the soundtrack? I'd kind of rather just have MP3 and maybe save a few bucks.
    edited July 2007
    We've talked about it... it's something we'd like to do. We haven't actually done anything about it yet, but we probably should, via iTunes or some other way.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Also, for the record, we somehow can't find either of the cameras we brought to Comic-Con, which has put a serious damper on our ability to post pictures of stuff like soundtrack packaging for the moment. Sorry. :(
  • edited July 2007
    Does it look anything at all like the temporary picture?
  • edited July 2007
    You should put the soundtrack up on itunes!
  • edited July 2007
    Out of curiosity, will any of the remixes used on the DVD, like in the Concept Art Gallery, be on the soundtrack? I found the "Useful to Boot" instrumental mix to be quite catchy.
    edited July 2007
    All the music in the concept art reel on the DVD was early mixes of the songs - usually pre voice, or all-midi versions before the live recording was done for each episode. We thought it would be kind of fun to get 'concept music' in there as well, even if its a bit more subtle than the concept art itself. Being not final music, though, that stuff isn't on the soundtrack.
  • edited July 2007
    We thought it would be kind of fun to get 'concept music' in there as well

I agree. It makes for a very cool concept art reel.
    Oh, by the way, the soundtrack is amazing!
    edited August 2007
    Music4games has posted a nice review of the soundtrack. For those looking for an outside opinion... here's one!
  • edited August 2007
    can I get my two copies with a purcell art... PSSSTTT ill pay 6 times stated price hehe. Steve seems far to busy atm to get back to emails that are about pointless topics :P But I asked him too (shrug) after I read about that in your blog grr :P haha.
  • edited August 2007
    Good, good. All I need now is for my Case File and Poster Print to ship! :)
  • edited August 2007
    What kind of packaging does this soundtrack thingie have? I rather want one, but I have an irrational hatred for disc packaging that involves discs being sandwiched between two pieces of paper or cardboard.
  • edited August 2007
    It's in a plastic disc holder inside a double folded cardboard case (since it's a two CD set). The disc's data side doesn't contact the cardboard at all.
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    It's in a plastic disc holder inside a double folded cardboard case (since it's a two CD set). The disc's data side doesn't contact the cardboard at all.

Awesome, that is what I wanted to hear.
  • edited August 2007
    Although we do pack a few pieces of sandpaper and some roofing nails in each one, just to spice things up.
  • edited August 2007
    All right! I was to do some things around the house and ran out of sandpaper and roofing nails! Now I don't need to take my lazy self down to the hardware store to get some more!

Thanks, Telltale!
    edited August 2007
    Once it's gone through the shipping process next to all that construction hardware, you should be able to use the disc itself to sand down your countertop.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.