New Lucasarts president: a chance for TOMI 2?

Now that a new LA president will be appointed, there will be a chance that TT will ask the new governace the rights to make TOMI 2???

I hope.... :)

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Now that a new LA president will be appointed, there will be a chance that TT will ask the new governace the rights to make TOMI 2???
    I'm sure they'll speak with them. Dan Connors said they were always on speaking terms with LucasArts before Paul Meegan, so I'm sure they'd like to try to get that relationship back.
  • edited August 2012
    I hope this is the dawn of a new era in LucasArts adventure games.
  • SydSyd
    edited August 2012
    Hopefully Telltale will try to build up a good relationship with the new boss, and possibly get some negotiations going again.

However, this is still LucasArts we're talking about. It's still fairly likely that the new leadership will just be more of the same.
  • edited August 2012

I hope.... :)
    This is good news. Let's hope the new CEO aint a dickhead like the previous one.
  • edited August 2012
    Craig Derrick, LucasArts game producer and designer, on Twitter:
    The Special Editions were always just the beginning so as long as I'm there you can count on me pushing for new adventure games

Sooooo..... can we add some hope in TOMI 2 now?
  • edited August 2012
    Craig Derrick, LucasArts game producer and designer, on Twitter:

Sooooo..... can we add some hope in TOMI 2 now?

Tomorrow we will read he "left".
  • edited September 2012
    I am so tired of Lucas Arts. I wish they would just sell their Adv. Game IP's to someone who will use them and produce them instead of always making "promises" that they never keep. In the last ten years they promised to totally revive their ADV games division with a bunch of new titles, and then six months later they canceled them all.
  • edited October 2012
    Too early to say if it's good news or not, but it definitely opens up new possibilities.
  • edited October 2012
    Were Telltale and LucasArts not on good speaking terms or something?
  • edited October 2012
    From what we learned from Tim Schaefer, if Lucas Arts sells an IP and they dont, they would need somewhere like, i think it was 10-15-20 million$ just to get the talk going.

But i do agree, its madness to see Lucas Arts just sit on these IPS and do absolutely nothing with them.

Its like EA, they have so many good Bullfrog IPs like Dungeon Keeper Theme Hospital, they wont even do a Mirrors Edge 2, but Need For speed 100 or Fifa 50 no problemo.

Some companies just think there is only 1 way and thats big triple A titles or stupid casual games. But there is actual room for small games, just look how Portal 1 startede. Tales of monkey island was a perfectly small and good games. Sure it aint gonna make anyone billions of dollars.

Im fairy sure that Tales of monkey island made a good profit for everyone.

For me Tales of monkey island is one of the best games from Telltale. I would say on par with Sam & max if not even higher than Sam & max. Normally TTG games dont have that good or interesting soundtrack, but the music in Tales of monkey island was really amazing.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2012
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Normally TTG games dont have that good or interesting soundtrack, but the music in Tales of monkey island was really amazing.
    Woah. That's the first time I ever heard that complaint. Michael Land definitely did a great job on the Tales of Monkey Island soundtrack, but Jared Emerson-Johnson has always done a superb job on Telltale's games.

The one thing that's always constant on Telltale's games is a fantastic soundtrack. I'm really surprised that you don't like the Sam & Max season soundtracks, especially. I find it strange that you don't think they are interesting at least as they are definitely the most varied thematically of all of the Telltale games.

The music in those seasons are the best in Telltale's games in my opinion, and definitely Jared Emerson-Johnson's best work as far as Telltale games go. I own both Sam & Max Season One and Two soundtracks on CD, and I'd happily buy the soundtrack for Season Three if it were ever released (and I'm not alone, that's one of the most requested products I've seen on these forums for the Telltale store).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.