Sam & Max need CC!

edited July 2007 in Sam & Max
<message removed by user>

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Don't take the lighting or color in any render as an example of what it'll look like in the game. The diner shot is an early render made in Maya; it's not indicative of what the in-game graphics will look like.
  • edited July 2007
    Ahh .
    OK this has already been adressed perhaps. Any new media that reflect this out yet?
  • edited July 2007
    That doesn't look very good at all. The original is perfect
  • edited July 2007
    Are you sure it's not just your monitor? The original looks fine to me, with the colors intentionally a bit on the "cool" side. The "color corrected" one just seems a bit more orangey.
  • edited July 2007
    It looks like Max is all shiny and sick
  • edited July 2007
    Yeah, it does seem a bit heavy on the orange side in the highlights.

But for me it's mainly about the shadows.
    Some color in there goes a long way.
    The original ones are just grey, and it makes it look flat and pale.

Maybe I'm being picky. Just calling it as I see it.
  • edited July 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    That doesn't look very good at all. The original is perfect

That's what I thought. Actually, the second one almost looked a bit jpegy...
  • edited July 2007
    The original is so not washed out. I can show you washed out if you like.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Wow you guys really jumped on that guy. :( Harsh.

I don't think Max looked any more or less shiny in his original than he did in the corrected render, also I liked the look of his revised shot.

Gotta say, everyone in this forum is always very keen to suggest heaping handfuls of ideas for what to do with characters, puzzles, gameplay, and even things like how user settings and save games should work, penning giant essays on the subject, but when a guy comes in and talks about the look of the game, everyone craps on his face. A little extreme!
  • edited July 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Wow you guys really jumped on that guy. :( Harsh.

I don't think Max looked any more or less shiny in his original than he did in the corrected render, also I liked the look of his revised shot.

Gotta say, everyone in this forum is always very keen to suggest heaping handfuls of ideas for what to do with characters, puzzles, gameplay, and even things like how user settings and save games should work, penning giant essays on the subject, but when a guy comes in and talks about the look of the game, everyone craps on his face. A little extreme!

Sorry. :(

I didn't mean to offend, just wanted to voice my opinion.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Opinions are cool and good! Even ones contrary to my own (usually). Just be respectful! There are very few people around here who actually seem genuinely malicious, just... opinionated :)
  • edited July 2007
    Yeah...believe it or not, the Myst forums seem a lot more warlike than this place. That would have instantly been taken as a threat. I'm new here, so hopefully I'll learn. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.