This Is The Real Bone

edited January 2008 in Bone
This is the correct list of all 9 books (in order)

-out from Boneville
-the great cow race
-eyes of the storm
-the dragonslayer
-rock jaw: master of the eastern border
-old man's cave
-ghost circles
-treasure hunters
-crown of horns

i have 6 of them and read them (the first 6 cuz the rest havnt come out)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Was there an incorrect list?
  • edited July 2007
    You mean the rest haven't come out in COLOR. All 9 have been released in black & white format in Bone: One Volume Edition.
  • edited July 2007
    I have the One Volume Edition (all 9 books collected in 1 phone book sized book but in black and white). I bought it when Book 5 was just released in Scholastic's Color Versions.

Why did I buy the One Volume edition instead of the color versions? The price. Either I could buy the color ones at $10 each and only have just over half of the story or I could have the entire story now and only spend $40. Glad I bought the entire thing because I don't think I could stand the wait between the releases of the color versions. Heck, I'm rereading it right now!
  • edited August 2007
    Scholastic will probably release a color version of the One Volume Edition once all the single books are released.
  • edited August 2007
    I bought the One Volume but I think I would much rather have gotten the colour versions or wait until the colour versions are released in a one volume.

The thing I hate about the One Volume Edition is that it's softcover. Books that big in paperback don't work. Especially graphic novels. I can't read it anywhere unless it's flat on the table.
    There are lots of huge graphic novels that are hardcover and aren't ridiculously priced so I don't see why Jeff Smith doesen't just make it hardcoverrrrr.........
  • edited August 2007
    At first, there was a hard cover edition when OVE was released, but just for a limited time.
  • edited August 2007
    I know but they wanted like $150 for it which is crazy
  • edited December 2007
    The black and white art looks much better than the color art tbqh.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    I agree, I love the black and white version of Bone. I think the color hqs gotten better as the books have progressed, though.
  • edited December 2007
    I think that the colour actually looks better, but that's just me I suppose.
  • edited December 2007
    For me, I thought they really overused gradient coloring. It makes everything look too artificial. Plus, Jeff Smith has a concept of black and white I've never seen from anyone besides Frank Miller. His stark contrasts still have depth to them, giving the illusion that there is shading, when it's actually just plain black and white. In addition, he uses varying tip sizes to fantastic effect. Bone is the best black and white work I've ever seen.

Also, the color versions are shrunk down, which doesn't help their case.

I guess the point of the color versions is to make it more accessible, but if I had never known about the black and white version, and just saw those, I probably would have been turned off to it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    There's a good, and pretty recent, interview with Jeff Smith here where he talks about the color vs black and white versions, among other things. A recommended read!
  • edited December 2007
    While I'll always prefer the original black and white Bone, the color versions are really awesome and definitely not hack jobs. I've been buying them as they've come out and I find them quite impressive without the horrendous loss of detail I usually associate with half-assed colorizations.
  • edited January 2008
    I only have the One Volume book, and the first Scholastic one. I still have to get the other ones in color. I think Scholastic did a great job with the color in the first book.

--Erwin
  • edited January 2008
    Ya i have 1-6 in color and i have the black and white colored one with the 1-9.Its sad lucius dies.
    im the BIGGEST bone fan!along with many others :D
    also how do u post a avatar in the small box?:confused:
  • edited January 2008
    The first printing of scholastic's Out From Boneville had a shoddy print job, so watch out for that when buying!
    It's not horrible, but compared to the other volumes you can see that the colour isn't as vibrant and some pages have pixellated lines. Best example of this is on the page where Thorn is coming downstairs and Gran'ma Ben is lighting the candle when the rat creatures are attacking.
  • MelMel
    edited January 2008
    also how do u post a avatar in the small box?:confused:

Go to your User Control Panel. Click on edit avatar and upload a picture of your own (it can be one that you have on your hard drive or one from the internet - i.e. an url that ends in .jpg or .gif or .png file. It just needs to be under 19.5 kB).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.