episode 6 - what is that song?

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
this one has been killing me - when you first enter the blister of tranquility and everyone is greeting hugh bliss what on earth is the song that the bleepy COPS machine is singing? i know it's from a show or another game and it must be really obvious but i just can't place it!

thanks in advance!!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    It's just Chippy's theme song, isn't it? Maybe you remember it from episode 5. :p
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    It's just Chippy's theme song, isn't it? Maybe you remember it from episode 5. :p

You guys should release it into the charts! :D
  • edited August 2007
    I'm working on setting it as my ringtone, actually...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    I believe it's "I am the one" from "Godot: A Rock Opera" by Jared Emerson-Johnson and Nick Dunfey.
  • edited August 2007
    omg that's it! i went to school with jared and saw them (jared, nick, and brad wilson) perform it at the risley theatre (i also have a copy of the cd). somehow i didn't place it when i played episode 5... anyway thanks so much for your help guys!
    edited August 2007
    Wow that's amazing! I didn't actually expect someone from Cornell (Risley in particular?) to be the one asking. Ridiculous!
  • edited August 2007
    Oh man, now I'm reminded that the short song isn't on the soundtrack. And I thought it was complete. :(
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Wow that's amazing! I didn't actually expect someone from Cornell (Risley in particular?) to be the one asking. Ridiculous!

Ah, but how else would I have known about the magic of Godot! (and actually remembered it from 4 years ago well enough to think it was a TV theme song or something?) ;) I was a freshman in Risley when Jared was a senior so I wasn't that close to him although we have many mutual friends. I knew he was doing some video game music, but I didn't realize how successful he was - when I played S&M for the first time I did a double-take when I saw the credits! Major congrats to him, and to Telltale for such good taste (and awesome games!)

So Jake, how do you know about Godot! (aside from being, apparently, omniscient on these boards)? Has the rock opera gone on to bigger and better things than an amateur production and sometime car trip soundtrack? As a total aside, has Jared ever shown you pictures from when he turned Tammany into the Blue Casket from Grim Fandango?
    edited August 2007
    I've been friends with Jared since sometime in 7th grade, and had been hearing about Godot since he and the rest of them first came up with the idea. I've seen Blue Casket photos, and I've seen photos of the giant Risley Grim mural as well. Both are awesome. I did visit Risley for a week during I think Jared's sophomore year, early on, before the true insanity set in, so I missed seeing most of the stuff for myself, but it all seems awesome.
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I've seen Blue Casket photos, and I've seen photos of the giant Risley Grim mural as well. Both are awesome.
    Sweet Fancy Moses, where can I find images of these?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.