Sam & Max Freelance Police

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
Does anyone know where I can download Sam & Max Freelance Police?

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Be more specific.
  • edited August 2007
    You can't download a game that doesn't exist!
  • edited August 2007
    Does anyone know where I can download Sam & Max Freelance Police?

Have you tried the websites where you've downloaded Sam & Max Hit the Road and Sam & Max Season 1 Episodes 1 through 6? :eek:
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    S&M: FP does not exist. The only thing you will find is a few screenshots and some trailers.
    If you are dense, try asking the folks at LucasArt
  • edited August 2007
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/samandmaxfreelancepolice/index.html

"Sam & Max Hit the Road is a classic and as close to being a signature game as any LucasArts has ever done," said LucasArts president Simon Jeffery. "The Sam & Max sequel, much like the recently announced Full Throttle II, perfectly complements LucasArts' renowned adventure game legacy and lends further support to the company's commitment to investing in and developing more of our original properties."

OUCH!
  • edited August 2007
    I downloaded those awhile ago. They're test videos. I don't think they're in-game footage.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Given that the characters all cast shadows there, I think they're test renders.
  • edited August 2007
    From a technical aspect, I'm forced to ask for my own educational benifit...

There's a difference?!
  • edited August 2007
    I like how Max is reflected in the glass of the framed pictures on the wall when he hops off the paper shredder.
  • edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    From a technical aspect, I'm forced to ask for my own educational benifit...

There's a difference?!

My guess (which should in no way be interpreted as solid fact, only as my guess taken from my admittedly limited knowledge of game programming (I've done some fairly basic stuff in programs like GameMaker) and experience within gaming itself) is that it's just too difficult to code and render something like a shadow in normal gameplay.
    This coming from my VERY limited experience with programming and the usage of logic.
  • edited August 2007
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    My guess (which should in no way be interpreted as solid fact, only as my guess taken from my admittedly limited knowledge of game programming (I've done some fairly basic stuff in programs like GameMaker) and experience within gaming itself) is that it's just too difficult to code and render something like a shadow in normal gameplay.
    This coming from my VERY limited experience with programming and the usage of logic.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you implying that no games have achieved proper real-time shadow rendering? Because there are plenty of games that have.

But years ago, on an incomplete project, I suppose they wouldn't have shadows done yet.
  • edited August 2007
    I'm not sure what you mean. Are you implying that no games have achieved proper real-time shadow rendering? Because there are plenty of games that have.

But years ago, on an incomplete project, I suppose they wouldn't have shadows done yet.

That second one, I'm implying that.
    edited August 2007
    Many games do have the characters cast full shadows on surfaces, but I'm 99% certain that Freelance Police did what we did with Season One, and just have a sort of blobby circular shadow beneath the characters. Only in stuff prerendered out of Maya (like trailers, and animation tests like those videos on YouTube) do the characters actually appear with full cast shadows like that.
  • edited August 2007
    So what you're saying is that this footage may have been made using Maya, instead of an actual game engine?

Shouldn't there be someone at TTG who has worked on SMFP back then who would know this for a fact?

ps. read the comments of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYjkBPyoJ60 :eek::rolleyes:
  • edited August 2007
    barchetta wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that this footage may have been made using Maya, instead of an actual game engine?

Shouldn't there be someone at TTG who has worked on SMFP back then who would know this for a fact?

ps. read the comments of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYjkBPyoJ60 :eek::rolleyes:

JHTimbo1979 (4 months ago)
    That gamed rocked so hard! So cool to see it again after all those years. I think I should try 2 find it and play it again...
    Thanks for that one!

Err... what?! Haha.
  • edited August 2007
    Apparently there are some people out there sufferring from a severe case of aesthetic confusion and/or who are completely unaware of the production cancellation from which those video tests came from.
  • edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Apparently there are some people out there sufferring from a severe case of aesthetic confusion and/or who are completely unaware of the production cancellation from which those video tests came from.

Or, maybe he was responding to an earlier comment and talking about HTR.
  • edited August 2007

That was one of the lamest parts of the season. I really didn't think it was funny at all
  • edited August 2007

Yes. That's probably why Jake's 99% sure about it ;)

--Erwin
    edited August 2007
    They're definitely renders, not in-game. Whether or not they're from Maya, I couldn't verify for certain.
  • edited August 2007
    You know you're a geek when: you can determine the exact modeling studio and rendering engine used to render an image.
    :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.