Bone: Discounts and DVD

edited August 2008 in Bone
I orginally posted this here, but I thought it would be probably better to put it in Game Support:

I am pretty much going to go through with buying the Bone series, but I have a few questions for anyone who knows the answers:
  1. Will there be a DVD version of the game which will be sent out for free (like Sam and Max)?
  2. If I buy the two episodes now, can I get the future episodes at a reduced price?

Comments

• edited August 2007
    There are deluxe cd versions available for $5 more plus shipping, which include the soundtrack plus "other goodies". It looks like the bundle discount isn't applicable for them though.
    There's no current upgrade offer and I'm not sure there ever was one, so the outcome is unclear on your second question. Of course the fact that Eyes of the Storm is probably at least a year away makes any answer even more speculative.
  • edited August 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    There are deluxe cd versions available for $5 more plus shipping, which include the soundtrack plus "other goodies". It looks like the bundle discount isn't applicable for them though.
    There's no current upgrade offer and I'm not sure there ever was one, so the outcome is unclear on your second question. Of course the fact that Eyes of the Storm is probably at least a year away makes any answer even more speculative.

That's cool, but the CD only comes with the first game, but I'm looking into getting both games, which I can get for $2 extra from the CD.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    There is a download bundle for $19.99. There is no bundle deal on the CDs right now and no upgrade option.
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    There is a download bundle for $19.99. There is no bundle deal on the CDs right now and no upgrade option.

So if I buy two episodes now for the $19.99 bundle, if/when the third one comes out, I won't get a discount?
    edited August 2007
    You might, you might not. Since we're not working on Bone at the moment and we have no idea what will else be going on when the next Bone game comes out, it's not something we can predict.

Out from Boneville originally came out for $20. If we had introduced subscription pricing then based on that price point and an arbitrary number of episodes, people would have been pretty pissed off when the price dropped to $12.99. ;) We can make these kinds of offers with Sam & Max because the whole season is coming out at around the same time, but with Bone it's safer to take it episode by episode.

Also I'm moving this thread back to the Bone forum, Game Support should be reserved for technical problems.
  • edited August 2007
    Oh, okay. I'll just buy them both now then.

SOLD! :D
  • edited April 2008
    Always the same question:any chance of a cds bundle offer?
    Cause I'm oing to complete my collection of the Telltale catalog, and I'd prefer to have a physical version of Bone.
    Thanx
  • edited April 2008
    I second that! I want to get both disc versions and it'll end up being over $40 including shipping for them both.
    edited April 2008
    We might do a bundle in a couple of months. At the moment bundling stuff is kind of a pain, but it will hopefully be easier soon due to some stuff we're working on for the store.
  • edited August 2008
    Instead of starting a new thread, I'll post this here.

I think a Bone DVD, in the style of the Sam & Max DVDs, would be a great idea, even though there are only 2 games out.
    For one thing, having disc based copy protection would be a BIG plus for me.
    However, that's not the main reason I think this would be a cool idea - rather, I think it would be awesome because of the commentary and such.
    Since these were Telltales very first adventure games, I think it would be extremely interesting to hear them talk about the learning process, what they did right and what they did wrong, how they would've changed them had they made them now with their current experience, maybe some tidbits about the early days at Telltale.. etc, etc.
    Maybe even talk a little bit about Telltale Texas Hold'em as I'm sure no such CD/DVD will ever be released for that game and it would be very interesting to hear some developer commentary on that game as well, being Telltales very first game.
  • edited August 2008
    Armakuni wrote: »
    For one thing, having disc based copy protection would be a BIG plus for me.
    The Bone Director's Cut CDs already have disc based copy protection (SecuROM to be precise).
  • edited August 2008
    Oh ok, I was under the impression they still used online activation on the disc versions of Bone. I think I read it somewhere on the forums here.

But even if the CD versions do not have authentication, I still think it would be awesome to have the other stuff I suggested.
    edited August 2008
    The original CD versions did have online activation, but the director's cuts (released about a year ago) do not. (Anyone having trouble activating the original CD versions should send an email to support@telltalegames.com and let us know, by the way.)
  • edited August 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    At the moment bundling stuff is kind of a pain, but it will hopefully be easier soon due to some stuff we're working on for the store.
    no..i find buying bundles quite convenient. the store is working perfect for bundled items..ohh, you mean it's a pain for you? than i have to thank you for taking the pain and already bundleing so much stuff.
    a combined price for both bone games or a disc with both episodes would be really nice. bone isn't exactly my favorite franchise, but i'm sure these games are good, so i would totally buy a bundled version..
Sign in to comment in this discussion.