Photography

edited December 2009 in General Chat
This topic is especially for those people who are creative, but can't draw or write their way out of a paper bag. Or those who just like taking photos. I imagine I'm not the only one here who likes that, right? So, show us your best (or worst pictures), and I'll show you mine.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Wow, that's a lot of pictures. Here's the picture I use for my desktop background. I do love my tea :D (Using the attachment feature since I don't have a website and am too lazy to figure out how to use these image-hosting sites.)
  • edited August 2007
    Those are some very artistic photos, Haggis. That spider one creeps me out though.

Harald B, I couldn't imagine having that as my wallpaper! :D
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah it's weird but somehow it just works... well, for me, anyway :) I use it as my msn avatar picture as well.
  • edited August 2007
    http://memorybankpictures.blogspot.com/

Any evidence of my Bachlor in Fine Arts that may or may not be found on my photo-blog is to be ignored. The majority of these pictures are vacation photos unless otherwise noted.
  • edited August 2007
    from a recent gig taken on my phone so there is a fair amount of noise
    i used to have a love of photography but lost it because of my art GCSE

Exit Ten Lead Guitarist

also Zeek that is the gecko from park guell and those are some nice shots
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    also Zeek that is the gecko from park guell and those are some nice shots

My tour guide and self-proclaimed Gaudi expert said it was the Dragon. The plush to I bought at the Guggenheim of it also says Dragon on the English label.

But, eh, whatever. I mean, we tell tourists here in my city false information all the time, like where Nicole Kidman lives when she isn't filming movies and wants to spend time with her hubby.
  • edited August 2007
    I actually love that tea capture, Harald. I enjoy those pictures of seemingly innocuous things.

Also, Doug, you're a great photographer! :O I especially love your infrared pictures.
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »

Some very nice stuff there. I like this one quite a bit. :D
  • edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    My tour guide and self-proclaimed Gaudi expert said it was the Dragon. The plush to I bought at the Guggenheim of it also says Dragon on the English label.

But, eh, whatever. I mean, we tell tourists here in my city false information all the time, like where Nicole Kidman lives when she isn't filming movies and wants to spend time with her hubby.

most of these are mistranslations as they are names of lizards and you can tell by the feet

but park guell was one of the nicest places that i went to with the trip i took for my art GCSE as well as the other gaudi museum, the sagrada familia was quite nice as well but i only saw about half of it due to my fear of heights
  • edited August 2007
    Tabacco, those are some nice sots. You have great sense of composition and an eye for leading lines, like in this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tabacco/90735337/ Very creative.

Here's a link to some shots I took at Mammoth last year: http://heidirlynn.smugmug.com/gallery/1866854 (six pages) I'm going back in a couple weeks to get some more.

It was a great idea to start a photo sharing thread. I look forward to seeing more pix!
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    I stole one of Doug's photos for my office computer's desktop.
  • edited December 2009
    Hmmm... I think it's time for some thread necromancy. I have a new camera now, a Canon EOS 1000D. A few days ago, I took some pictures of the snow, which you can find here. Also, my photo gallery has expanded quite a bit since 2007.

Got any pictures you guys and girls want to show, of the snow maybe?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.