First comic up

edited December 2005 in Sam & Max
Don't know if anyone noticed yet but the first sam & max comic is up. Not too much there right not. Pretty much just a teaser but still cool. Hopefully we'll have something more by christmas.

Comments

• edited December 2005
    The "mouse-over" hidden image thing that was first used in Dank is interesting, but I can tell it's going to make saving these comics to disk too difficult... :(

Still, it's great to see things finally get going! :)
  • edited December 2005
    They're aliiiivvveeee :p
  • edited December 2005
    Yay..!
    Good that i subscribed the newsletter... I wouldn't have noticed without... :D
    I can't wait to see the finished version of it... B-)

[offtopic]
    P.S. I have made my first Fanart Drawing of Sam & Max too... Is there someplace where i can post it..?
  • edited December 2005
    I like the Dank-esque changing panels, and I'm looking forwards to the new comics. :)

The idea of Sam and Max "rising from the dead" as this comic suggests is very poignant.
  • edited December 2005
    Hmm. I'm not sure it's them coming from the grave.
  • edited December 2005
    it would make sense if they were coming out of the grave. Kind of reflects what lucas arts did to them.
  • edited December 2005
    LucasArts didn't kill the comic strips, though. Steve just kinda stopped making those or something. But as it stands, I do see that first strip as them "coming back from the dead" or something -even if it turns out to be something different that pops out, it's still what my first thoughts are. Like in horror movies where you think someone's gonna die, but it turns out to be just a cat knocking over some dishes. We supposed to think one thing, but it's really something else. That's what I call BRILLIANCE!!!! Or... eh.. yeah. :D
  • edited December 2005
    What impressed ME was the way Purcell's art style has evolved. Reading the late eigties/early ninties comics, yeah, there's humour, but there's also obnoxious, blinding colour (often out of the artist's control, i know) and busy backgrounds that occasionally detract from the oomf of the dialogue or the point of the panel. Sometimes they were funny, sometimes they were stupid. If the way this strip is drawn is an indicator of the way they all will be, i think we can say Sam & Max has improved by leaps and bounds. i mean...woah... pastels and carefully drawn "roughsketch" backgrounds? That's something you'd nevvvver see in those old comico/fishwrap books.
  • edited December 2005
    Hmm. I'm not sure it's them coming from the grave.

Take a look at the grave in the background. It looks like it's written "Sam & Max" there. Actually it looks like "Sam & Max" that much that there really can't be another option.

Wonder when the comic will be put on www.samandmax.com. It's showing the same church, but no cartoon.

Saving to hard drive? Hm, I guess good old prtscr would work with some cutting and pasting? But you'll miss the nice mouse-over thingy.
  • edited December 2005
    good find :) it does look like it says sam & max
  • edited December 2005
    wow I didn't notice that..
  • edited December 2005
    Woah.
  • edited December 2005
    Wonder when the comic will be put on www.samandmax.com. It's showing the same church, but no cartoon.

Saving to hard drive? Hm, I guess good old prtscr would work with some cutting and pasting? But you'll miss the nice mouse-over thingy.

Samandmax.com will also host the comics. I might download all the images and make a full version in Flash sometime.
  • edited December 2005
    If the comics are anything like the old comics chances are there'll be some sort of random excuse for them to be underground. They won't be dead just underground for some peculiar reason possibly involving mole people. Like the time where they were on the moon with the explanation being "By the way, Max. That was a brilliant idea, stuffing the muffler with thousands and thousands of match heads and igniting them thereupon providing adequate thrust to break free of the Earth's pull" (From Bad Day On The Moon. Geeze I'm a Sam and Max geek).

Seriously though, Woo! Sam and Max are back! Does this give anyone else a shiver down their spines?
  • edited December 2005
    I never read (most of) the original comics, so I'm just excited to see these :D
  • edited December 2005
    The whole changing panel thingy is very nice and all but for some reason the changed panel doesn't actually load until I run the mouse over the top of it and wait a few seconds. Maybe it doesn't do that in IE but I like Firefox much more.
  • edited December 2005
    The wait is killing me! What happens next?!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.