So I Just Got Sam and Max Hit the Road, and It's All In Spanish

edited May 2006 in Sam & Max
I can't read or understand any of Sam and Max's hilarious dialogue or any of the game's instruction! What can I do??

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2006
    Where'd you get it? Ebay?

I accidentally bought a German version of Day of the Tentacle at a thrift store once.
  • edited May 2006

Second-hand store.

Surely there is a way! Some kind of options menu, perhaps?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2006

Second-hand store.

Surely there is a way! Some kind of options menu, perhaps?

Unlikely... You might want to ask the folks in http://forums.mixnmojo.com/ 's "SCUMM Hacking Forum," as they're probably more likely than anyone else to have that information floating right in the front of their minds at all time.
  • edited May 2006
    Fortunately, through some sophisticated wheeling and dealing, I've been able to get the English speech files. Turn off the subs and we're golden.

Now I'm just stuck at the carnival. Where do I find the candy to give to that guy in the Tunnel of Love so that he'll give me the key to Trixie's trailer?
    edited May 2006
    You need to leave the carnival. Try another location.
  • edited May 2006
    The candy?
    you gotta put yourself into these kind's of games. Where can you go that sells stuff....including candy?
  • edited May 2006
    Go to http://www.gamefaqs.com and enjoy.

And, Emily, since you seem to be our TTG represenitive, how many languages will Sam and Max be presented in. This is purely idle curiousity, but sometimes it's funny to play games, or watch films in foreign languages.
    edited May 2006
    And, Emily, since you seem to be our TTG represenitive, how many languages will Sam and Max be presented in. This is purely idle curiousity, but sometimes it's funny to play games, or watch films in foreign languages.

We haven't decided yet.
  • edited May 2006

We haven't decided yet.

I *highly* recommend you guys do a German version.

Not because of any of that pesky "Market Research" or anything that tangible but simply because there is no greater joy than hearing familiar dialog translated into German.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.