Ankh heart of osiris

Does anyone have any saved game files for the english verison of Ankh heart of osiris. If you do, please email them to me. You can get my email adress by downloading my vcard from my profile. (If you have any questions post them)

Comments

• edited September 2007
    saved... game files? .. Not following as to why you would need em...

Let me know
  • edited September 2007
    A blue screen comes up when i'm going from chapter four to chapter five. So I need a saved game file that is right when chapter 5 starts.
  • edited September 2007
    very odd... but alas I dont, suppose I could install the sucker and play to the point :P Its not like its that long of a game. XD
    Odd the chapter change is what does it.. Ill ask around my oldgames channels to see if anyone happens to have it installed too.. if not Ill just install it and find ya something
  • edited September 2007
    Ankh Heart Of Osiris is a new game, not an old game.
  • edited September 2007
    Well, I too am in a bit of trouble with Ankh 2.

Just at the start of chapter 2 where Thara is walking on the balcony ledge from left to right.. crossing a sort of wobbly stone - right after the first "column".
    The game freezes right there and comes up with weird error boxes.
    Xider support is in german and are really bad at reporting back...

Edit:
    Nevermind.. I overcame that obsticle by lowering graphic details etc, BUT I'm having a lot of freezes-up at specific points in the game.
    Right now it's trying to enter the kitchen elevator.. GRRR
    I've tried lowering details even more and the resolution with no luck so far.

Has anyone here played the game on a Vista or XP machine without errors?
  • edited September 2007
    Lowering the graphics might work, but I won't be able to tell since the glitch was at the opening cut scean of chapter 5 and I deleated my saved game by mistake. So do you have any saved game files at the start of chapter 5 so that I can see if it worked?
  • edited September 2007
    Lol, sorry no.
    Haven't even finished chapter 2, since I can't get into the elevator there.

I really think the support for this game stinks... they need to come up with a fix over at Xider Games.
    The german forum we can use there are just for "talking" about their games.. no support or anything! What's that all about?!
  • edited September 2007
    Weird. I had no problem at all playing through the german version. I wonder what they did with the english one...
  • edited September 2007
    Not sure, but at the looks of it(the error boxes), it could be from the translation files - either the txt or audio.
    I found a log file hidden deep in the maps, that said something about couldn't find english translation file...?

Edit:
    Nevermind - I caved in and installed it on my XP partition.
    Gotten to chapter 4 with no errors or freezes so far. :rolleyes:
  • edited September 2007
    Can you give me a saved game file at the ending of chapter 4? I think that the glitch that I had was a one time thing. (If you didn't save at the end of chapter 4, give me one at the begining of chapter 5)
  • edited September 2007
    Hmm, think I have one of chapter 4 right before the veasel and scorpian fight + start of chapter 5.
    But can you use savegames from XP?

I added both the sav and png files for chap. 4 and 5
    Savegames

Actually, I have just finished it and it was great :)
    It absolutely calls for Ankh 3... although Deck13 haven't updated anything on their web since 2006, so not sure, if it comes at all.
  • edited September 2007
    The saved game files didn't work.
  • edited September 2007
    So sorry then... couldn't get it to work on my Vista partition :(
  • edited September 2007
    I have XP
  • edited September 2007
    Hmm weird then.
    Maybe you need to rename them to one of your already savegames?
    I really don't know why they don't work. I have never done this myself before, so I have no clue.

In case it's because it's a rar file, I recompressed them into an exetutable file.
    So Right Click and Save As...
    SaveGames .exe

And as a Zip file:
    SaveGames .zip
  • edited September 2007
    I tryed that and it didn't work because with the American version the saved games are not stored in a bunch of small files, instead, when a game is saved, the save information is put into a few big files which all saved games go to. So actual sepreat files won't work.
  • edited September 2007
    First time around I installed on XP and played up to chapter 2 and it froze, I then uninstalled it all - also the saved games - and tried again.
    This time I could play it all way through - was actually fast to do, cuz you already know what to do. Took me less than 15 minutes.
  • edited October 2007
    How could it take you less then 15 minutes to play the whole game? I can't even dinish the first chapter in 15 minutes.
  • edited October 2007
    No, no not the whole game... remember I only got to chapter 2 first time around.
    It was only the first 2 chapter, that I played that fast, lol

And yes you can do it that fast, if you know exactly what to do.
  • edited October 2007
    Is you saved game files located here?

DRIVE_Letter:\Documents and Settings\_your_account_name_\Application Data\Ankh - Heart of Osiris\save\

You think if I compress that whole save folder + the settings.ini file, it would work?
    I know it didn't when I tried copying my saved files from Vista.
  • edited October 2007
    The Ankh Heart of Osiris folder is in a folder called Program Files. Also there is no folder called Save in the Ankh Heart of Osiris folder.
  • edited October 2007
    Yes, the actual game is in the Program Files, but have you checked the location I mentioned?

Some of the folders like Application Data might be hidden.
  • edited October 2007
    Application Data isn't hiddin. I found the folder, but Ankh - Heart of Osiris isn't in it.
  • edited October 2007
    It was hiddin and I found it. Now the saved games work. Thank you.
  • edited October 2007
    :D Wooohoooo
    We got it working - Thank goodness :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.