So... What are you doing?

edited November 2007 in General Chat
As many threads seem to start off: I'm bored, so I figured I might as well see what everyone else is doing right now. Many threads have been made about what games people are playing, what books they're reading, etcetera. What I want to know is what you're doing, right this very moment. If anyone says "writing a post" I will not be amused, as I have just used that joke.

Anyway, At the moment I'm waiting while I transfer all my HIM albums from my computer to my recently purchased phone's memory card, so I can listen to them on the ferry tomorrow. I love HIM, and now I will be able to listen to them wherever I go, my PSP being ever so slightly too large for convenient portable mp3 playing. I am also desperately trying to open a small box of Danson white chocolate coated coffee beans but it is proving impossible. I am thinking of starting to watch Interview with the Vampire while I wait, as this is taking quite some time. I really ought to be studying, but I've already done 3 hours of it and my brain just might explode if I continue just now.

Comments

• edited September 2007
    I've just finished translating another piece for Adventure Gamers and am working on a paper on default logic.
  • edited September 2007
    When I'm done looking at my favourite forums, I'll go read a chapter from one of my textbooks on madness, which, if all goes well, I'll have to give a presentation on in a few weeks, with a fellow student. I'll probably also work on a presentation I have to give on Thursday, about the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still, and how it portrays the future of the Earth in relation to the atom.
  • edited September 2007
    I am currently checking all my regul;ar sites for the morning, and wishing I had gone to the bathroom before my father got in the shower, I may go out for a cigarette in a few minutes, after which I will work on my my matching marvel comics DVD covers designs.
  • MelMel
    edited September 2007
    I'm finishing up what I will be presenting to my dissertation committee this afternoon (and obviously peeking into the forums occasionally when I want to procrastinate)
  • edited September 2007
    I'm currently uploading stuff to my forum, and of course chatting here.:D
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    Testing and validating software for release
  • edited September 2007
    I was just about to do my english homework. Then i'm going to watch my new dvd of The Odd Couple.
  • edited September 2007
    The Odd Couple is out on DVD? Awesome!
  • edited September 2007
    Skinning rabbits for the stew
  • edited October 2007
    Being bored due to lack of new things to read and play.

Fortunately, I ordered Telltale's 2 CSI games, so that should change eventually.

Eventually.....
  • edited October 2007
    Finishing my book which started off as a short story but turned into a short book and currently being converted to dialog for the game version of it I hope to make someday (It would make a great adventure.. something id hope would be on the lines of longest journey)

Fixing endless machines (im like geek squad only I do better work and dont charge your 1st newborn)
    Working on a super secret purcell fan site... (been in works for ages) This will not just be sam & max XD ( darn blew my cover run!)
    Send me emails if you have pictures or oddball things purcell drew or sketched, I pray for spudvision but wow you all keep him so busy these days he cant even reply to an email!
  • edited October 2007
    Racking my brains trying to think of an idea for the Halloween competition.
  • edited October 2007
    Just finished playing CMI and EMI AGAIN.

I'd totally forgotten how horribly pixelated their graphics are...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Just got back from The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Good movie.

Also, I'm writing a post.
  • edited October 2007
    Just listening to music, downloading stuff and waiting for tomorrow when I finally get Hard Evidence.:D
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Insuring I finish my cup of coffee within 30 minutes of waking up. Then i'm all set for the day!

Also procrastinating on a mural for the Berkeley Project. Meh.
  • edited October 2007
    I'm making something for the Halloween competition. :)
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    I'm bummed because it's the last day for one of the professors in my lab. There will be one left besides my advisor (who is retired and never around anymore).

I'm ticked because my protein gels aren't running correctly but I think it's to do with some poor samples (and I may need to replace a few).

I'm somewhat happy in that I have the outline for my dissertation chapters in a good form. Once I get the data, I can write away and be the hell out of here. :)
  • edited October 2007
    I'm drawing Mario. Because I can't draw anything else. :(

EDIT: Definitely need to change my avatar to a newer Mario pic. I can't bare to look at anything I've drawn which is over a month old, because I'm always improving (at least I hope so =P).
    Might change it to a newer Mario pic soon. Or maybe Sonic.
  • edited October 2007
    As many threads seem to start off: I'm bored, so I figured I might as well see what everyone else is doing right now.

Anyway, At the moment I'm waiting while I transfer all my HIM albums from my computer to my recently purchased phone's memory card, so I can listen to them on the ferry tomorrow. I love HIM, and ......

I read that far and am currently quoting you. I'm also thinking that it's nice that a New Zealander likes a band from our country so much. I'm also wishing I could go on a ferry wearing a t-shirt instead of being stuck in the +3C weather after living the whole summer in the warmth of southern Switzerland.
  • edited October 2007
    Linque wrote: »
    I'm also thinking that it's nice that a New Zealander likes a band from our country so much.

Some of my other favourite bands are Nightwish and Poets of the Fall. Keep on rockin' Finland. :)
    Jake wrote: »
    Also, I'm writing a post.

:mad:. That's MY joke.
  • edited October 2007
    *pumps fist* Nightwish FTW
  • edited October 2007
    Poets of the Fall is great as long as you don't have to listen to them live. :)
  • edited October 2007
    Linque wrote: »
    Poets of the Fall is great as long as you don't have to listen to them live. :)

Haha. Funny how that seems to be the case with so many bands I've liked.
  • edited October 2007
    The only band I can think of offhand that can replicate their studio sound live is Within Temptation. Goes to show how many bands really use a touch of the ol' studio magic.
  • edited October 2007
    How about Muse?

Oh, and I'm currently listening to music and doing some research on a presentation about suicide in early modern Europe...
  • edited October 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    Oh, and I'm currently listening to music and doing some research on a presentation about suicide in early modern Europe...

I was JUST listening to "Suicide Is Painless" before I read that. Trippiness.
  • edited October 2007
    I'm just spoiling Portal for myself. I've not got the game yet, and am waiting til I get a job and my first paycheck to get the Orange Box, so I'm just watching videos of it and listening to the ending song on loop to keep me going.
  • edited October 2007
    I just did something which I find terribly exciting but no-one else does. I went on the NZ auction site trademe for the first time in a year, and found Sanitarium right there on the first page I looked at for $30. I've been looking for it for the better part of two years now. It was a pleasant surprise.

Oh, and I'm listening to HIM's Love Metal :D.
  • edited October 2007
    I'm celebrating the ten-year anniversary of WMI! :D
  • edited October 2007
    I've managed to remove the lyrics from the Portal song with Audacity and am listening to it now, minus the probably spoilery lyrics.

One day, I might even play the actual game rather than just wishing I have it.
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    Procrastinating...

I should be working on an edited review I got back and writing another review I need to do. And I can always be working on my dissertation. But right now, I'm listening to 70's music and updating the AG games database. :p
  • edited October 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I've managed to remove the lyrics from the Portal song with Audacity and am listening to it now, minus the probably spoilery lyrics.

One day, I might even play the actual game rather than just wishing I have it.

You and me both. Pity I bought the boxed collection rather than downloading it through Steam because I'd REALLY like to actually be playing TF2 or Portal right now (HL2 Episode 2 as well of course. But Portal has the writers from Old Man Murray so that gets first priority).
  • edited October 2007
    I am listening Sentenced right now
  • edited October 2007
    I'm waiting for EMI to come in the post and thinking about playing GF...
  • edited October 2007
    I've just beat Half Life 1. I'd never actually played it before, but wanted to get it out the way so I have at least some idea of what's going on in HL2 when I get the Orange Box.

Not that it'll work on my system as it is. I've tried the HL2 demo, and it's pretty laggy (even though I reach the reccomended specs). Gods know what'll happen if I try and run Portal or Team Fortress. So now I'm having to look for a new motherboard, graphics card, RAM, Processor, etc.
    And I'm just waiting on my mate to find his Opposing Forces and Blue Shift CDs.
  • edited October 2007
    I was listening to Depeche Mode-John the Revelator and I got this crazy idea about Sam & Max in Matrix so I grabbed a pen and drew a picture. It turned out pretty good:p
  • edited October 2007
    and now I'm going to play Doom3
    creapy.....
  • edited October 2007
    I'm supposed to be working on a paper, but this cold is interfering. I'm constantly sneezing and/or having to blow my nose... meh! :(
  • edited November 2007
    I just finished writing Issue 8 of my Beelzeboss comic. I'm also currently working on a writing project, entitled "Bizarro Gets The Clap" which is a series of short stories that started out just as small ideas in my mind in the past.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.