Trouble Registering Episode 1 on Mac

edited November 2007 in Bone
Hi there,
Is anyone else having trouble purchasing Episode 1 on the Mac? I tried to purchase over the weekend (9/23ish) and the take-my-money part worked, but it appears that the vanbrio.net domain has expired, so I didn't get my registration code. I don't know the relationship between Telltale and Vanbrio and I'm not irate or anything, but was hoping that this forum might point me in the right direction. I've tried sending a message or three to Vanbrio Support, but it doesn't appear to be working, either. Apologies if I'm in the wrong neighborhood, but I'm kind of anxious to play. Any help from anyone would be awesome.

-C

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    They really do their own thing, actually, so I recommend talking to them through their site! Sorry that you're having trouble getting your code...
  • edited September 2007
    Thanks, Jake. I'll see if I can track down a phone number for them, as their contact forms are erroring out, too. Weird.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    If you email support@telltalegames.com about this, I will try to forward the email to someone at Vanbrio.

We had a customer report a similar problem a couple weeks ago and I did send the info to our contact at Vanbrio, but I don't remember hearing back. I've been on vacation but I'm back now. I can try to track them down by phone if necessary.
  • edited September 2007
    You're the best, Emily! Sending email now...
  • edited October 2007
    i've bought the game and i have the code but every time i type it in it keeps saying that i should check my connection but my connection is fine.How do i get the game to work:D
  • edited October 2007
    You're asking about the Mac version, right?
  • edited October 2007
    does it still work
  • edited November 2007
    Just so you know, while Emily rules, Vanbrio...not so much. They seem to have vanished off the face of the earth. I found a contact number which goes to a voicemail whose owner doesn't return calls, and the Contact portion of their website constantly errors out. The only thing they're great at doing is charging for the game.

So, uh, don't try to buy it or you'll be out a few bucks. Thanks, Vanbrio.
  • edited November 2007
    Hi,

I've just paid for this game Bone and the email sent to me contains no code number to activate the game.

I've noticed a few other people having trouble too now and wonder if I've just lost my money and if this is a ripp-off?

What's going on with this Vanbrio company.

This is my first game ever downloaded as the trial looked good. But now I can't use, though the money has been paid!
  • edited November 2007
    We're still trying to get ahold of someone at Vanbrio to find out what's going on, since we don't really know either. In the meantime, can you write a note to support@telltalegames.com so we can track your issue along with the others?

Edit: Whoops, looks like you're way ahead of me. Thanks :)
  • edited November 2007
    Hi,

Thanks for following up. At least I know there is someone out there who may help. If there's a problem, shouldn't someone tell the Mac people who are listing this game on their site? But I hope it works soon.

cowgurl
Sign in to comment in this discussion.