Will we ever see a Law and Order: SVU game?

Yeah, yeah I know... Mature content, right? Well to put it politely... TFB! Figure that out :P Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the show and have played through L&O: Justice Is Served (GREAT GAME). I always thought it would be great to see an SVU Action-Adventure game (light on the action, heavy on the point n' click adventure). I know you're thinking, "well yeah, that's great and all Blueguy, we'd love to make one but the game would deal with a lot heavy stuff just like the show".

Well, older gamers (I'm 24 and my fiancee is 21) would love a game that was meant for us as fans of the show and not dumbed down. I mean the CSI games get away with an M or less and they're certainly more graphic than anything could possibly be in an SVU game.

And yes, I heard about the controversy over one of the older L&O games but I saw the picture in question and there's nothing so controversial about it. Besides that, you're telling me it took 4 years or so for someone to find that, regardless of how well the game sold or not...?

Anyway, I'd really like to see an SVU game and I'd only trust two companies to ever make it Telltale Games or The Adventure Company. And trust me, no disrespect to TAC because I know they're more than capable, but I would hope it was TTG making it.

Can anyone of the developers shed some light on why we haven't one yet? Are there plans to do one eventually?

Comments

• edited September 2007
    I saw the picture in question and there's nothing so controversial about it. Besides that, you're telling me it took 4 years or so for someone to find that, regardless of how well the game sold or not...?

It's more the idea that a picture like that could have made it into the game, without any real reason either, without the knowledge or agreement of the parents of the child. The picture might not show much, but I thought it was pretty tasteless to have put the image in.

Whether it took 4 years or not for someone to notice and actually point it out publically is irrelevant. It just shows that nobody who knew the case the image was from had played the game, or put two and two together.

Sorry for the rant, and it not being entirely on topic, but I tend to have strong opinions on things like this.
  • edited September 2007
    It's no problem, I even agree with you somewhat. But I just feel so burned that something so small is what probably soured them on making another L&O game. Yes, I also understand that an L&O game may have been the furthest thing from anyone's mind but now because of this incident even that possibility is probably lost now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.