About the CD versions..

edited April 2006 in Bone
Do they also use this hardware fingerprinting system? I really hate that system and I'd gladly rebuy the games if I could get rid of it.

If it's still there - are you planning to keep using it forever or is it a temporary thing? It's not really userfriendly at all, for me the game won't even work without being connected to the internet as I activated it by having the game find a code or something (I never manually entered a code because I never got one).
I finally got around to sending a mail to telltale asking for a code I can manually enter so I can hopefully play it offline too, but I shouldn't have to go through all this trouble. It's really annoying.
Even Steam is better and coming from me that means a lot :D

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2006
    Yes, the CD version uses hardware fingerprinting for activation. Once the game is activated, you won't have to be connected to the internet to play it.

You shouldn't have to go to all the trouble you described. Once the game is activated, you shouldn't have to enter any more codes. Please let us know if the code that customer support sent you fixes this problem.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.