Cross-marketing

edited November 2012 in Kings Quest Game
What do you think about the inclusion of cross-marketing in TTG's KQ? (ie. references ingame to other products.) Examples of this are: in KQ3 is when you look behind the tapestry near Alex's room, which promotes KQ4; and the pirate in the SCUMM Bar in SoMI who has an "Ask me about LOOM" button.

In what way would you/do you like for this to be included in a game?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Don't forget how looking in a hole in KQ2 would play a trailer for Space Quest. :p

Telltale's never been much for cross-marketing themselves, though. They love tiny references to their other games, yes, but no commercials.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Telltale's never been much for cross-marketing themselves, though. They love tiny references to their other games, yes, but no commercials.
    They had an instance that could be called a commercial (or blatant advertising) in Poker Night at the Inventory in the dialog between Strong Bad and Max.

They might do something like that if it suits the license (and King's Quest does), but I think it's more likely we'll see more subtle references like you mentioned.
  • edited October 2012
    It might also have something to do with the fact that they don't own many (if any) of the licenses of games they create.
  • edited October 2012
    It might also have something to do with the fact that they don't own many (if any) of the licenses of games they create.

To date, Telltale Texas Hold 'Em has been Telltale's only original game.
  • edited October 2012
    I said many because I don't remember where they stood with Sam & Max.
  • edited November 2012
    How about some cross marketing in these forums? This is a related bit of news for all of you old school, point and click obsessed, Sierra fanatics out there...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1878147873/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption

The creators of the Quest for Glory series are back and making a new adventure/RPG game! It's called "Hero-U". You can help fund it at Kickstarter by clicking the link above. Help bring adventure games back!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.