Transfering game to steam?

edited December 2012 in Back to the Future
I brought the game via telltale's website a long while ago and i would like to transfer my game so I can download/install via steam.

I know a can add a non-steam game that is not why i want it in steam, i want to be able to install and download using steam.

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2012
    That is not possible at this time.
  • edited October 2012
    I hope for season 2 there will be a way. Since i only played this season on steam after the Episode one download problem all my save games are with that version. But i also want to support tell tale by buyng it here and possibly gaining the option to get the boxed/special edition copy if there is one.
  • edited October 2012
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    That is not possible at this time.

Oh man, but wouldn't that be awesome...
  • edited October 2012
    DrRadon wrote: »
    I hope for season 2 there will be a way. Since i only played this season on steam after the Episode one download problem all my save games are with that version. But i also want to support tell tale by buyng it here and possibly gaining the option to get the boxed/special edition copy if there is one.

As much as I would like some sort of upgrade package from Telltale that gets me Steam keys, it currently just doesn't work like that. Steam is a completely separate service from TTG's website, just as PSN and Xbox Live are completely separate services run by completely different companies, and, currently, the only way to get them on both services is to buy them separately on both services.

What I don't understand is how your Steam version game saves would be any different than those of the TTG distribution; they should all be saved in your 'Documents\Telltale Games' folder under really stupid, non-descript subfolders; "Episode [1-5]"; they don't even say BttF! That said, those saves should work for both versions of the games.
  • edited November 2012
    Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.:):mad:
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2012
    NIRVANA78 wrote:
    I was wondering something...If I buy both Back to the Future (Deluxe Edition) and The Walking Dead (Deluxe Edition)(When it's comming ofc.) would I then be able to register them with my Steam account? The reason why I ask is that for those 2 games there are Steam-Achivements and i would love to be able to get them...So my question is: Do I have to buy the games from Steam (And miss out the deluxe Edition ) to be able to get the achivements or does TTG games in the store also require Steam?
    The Telltale store purchases are separate from the Steam purchase. So, unfortunately, no you won't be able to get Steam achievements with your Telltale store purchase.
  • edited December 2012
    I bought the game through GOG.com so I don't get no steam keys neither. would be nice to i dunno, somehow link accounts between GOG and Telltale in some way I guess.
  • I believe that if the Telltale Games folks can offer a discount price at the Steam platform, so we only have to pay the difference, only the Steam's comission, because we already bought the game from them directly (or from another platform). And in that way, we can have the game in all the platforms we want. To not think about that is weird, and bad for business. :(

Sign in to comment in this discussion.