Game locking up

edited April 2006 in Game Support
The screen turns blue and the game locks up during the gameplay. I've noticed it happens more often when you first go on a new scene and it does the 3-D flyby screen.

The latest freeze locked up my computer now my saved game won't load. It never gets out of the loading screen.

I have my latest video and audio drivers and have well above the minimum specs to run the game.

Any patch to resolve this?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2006
    Welcome to the forum. :)

Sorry to hear you're having problems with CSI. Can you tell us your system specs, please?
  • edited April 2006
    Pentium 4 2.53 ghz
    2.0 GB RAM
    120 GB HD (50 GB Free)
    Windows XP Home Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    Creative Audigy Sound Card latest driver as of 4/21/2005
    ATI Radeon 9800 PRO Video Card latest driver as of 4/21/2005

It crashed again today and now when I enter the game I do not have a mouse cursor.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2006
    Hi,

I spoke with one of our tech guys and this is a problem with the video card and, more specifically, the drivers you're using. The new drivers cause the video card to overheat, which leads to the lockups you're experiencing. We've informed ATI of the problem but they haven't updated their drivers to fix it yet.

Here are two things you can try:

1) Run the game on low video settings
    2) Roll back your drivers to the 6.14 version. We've tested this version in the office and know that it works. They are contained in the Catalyst 5.1 package on ATI's website.

Please let us know if one of these solutions works for you.
This discussion has been closed.