The Devil's Playhouse on sale for the Halloween Indie Bundle.

edited January 2013 in Sam & Max
For a limited time, you can get all five episodes of The Devil's Playhouse (and some other awesome games) for a low price!

Comments

• edited October 2012
    0_o Is this true? I saw it on reddit. But I also saw a sighting for Squirrel Elvis on reddit.
    Can an Official from Telltale confirm?
    NVM checked Indie Royale its true.
    I really wanted a steam copy of devils playhouse. Don't get me wrong, I bought each Sam and max on the telltale store as well. but it would be cool to own a steam copy.
    1 down on steam, two to go. Has Telltale ever considered considered charging an upgrade fee to get a steam copy as well.
  • edited October 2012
    PANDIOSITY wrote: »
    0_o Is this true? I saw it on reddit. But I also saw a sighting for Squirrel Elvis on reddit.
    Can an Official from Telltale confirm?
    NVM checked Indie Royale its true.
    I really wanted a steam copy of devils playhouse. Don't get me wrong, I bought each Sam and max on the telltale store as well. but it would be cool to own a steam copy.
    1 down on steam, two to go. Has Telltale ever considered considered charging an upgrade fee to get a steam copy as well.

Telltale has only done Steam gift copies to their userbase three times, I think. First was for The Devil's Playhouse so we could get the TF2 items, second was Poker Night at the Inventory for the TF2 items, and third was during the launch problems with The Walking Dead.
  • Disappointed it's Steam only. All the other games in the bundle are DRM-free in addition to the optional Steam keys. Don't get why Telltale don't just remove the DRM from their own versions of games that have been released DRM-free elsewhere (all 3 Sam & Max seasons are DRM-free on GOG.com, why not here?).
  • edited January 2013
    Can someone play season 3 first and follow along, or will you miss too many subtle jokes or story continuities?
  • edited January 2013
    The Season 3 story is self-contained, but there are a few references from earlier games. You won't understand the ending if you don't know what happens in Season 2.
  • edited January 2013
    It's very newcomer-friendly, to the point where they make sure to (re)introduce each old friend, including Sam and Max.

There are a few references to their past, including Hit the Road and the comics, but it's nothing you'd miss by themselves. If anything, it'd only change them from joking references to plain old jokes, like Sam's extreme fondness for frozen treats, or this sort of thing.

There is one huge exception at the end, but I'd say that, if you got that far, you'd be willing to shrug it off as general Sam and Max weirdness. Plus it wouldn't spoil anything major, should you go back and play the previous seasons.
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks, guys. Yea, I got season 3 in an indie bundle last Halloween but have held off since I may want to try the first two season first. But it sounds like I can jump in without missing too much!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.