Downtime aftermath

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited November 2007 in Site Support
Hey guys, as you may know, we shut down the site for a few hours in the early morning of Thursday, Nov 8th. If you're running into any weird problems or behavior on the site that weren't there a couple days ago, please let us know here! We'll be crawling all over the site the next couple days to make sure nothing's funky - it should all be working well - but if you do encounter something broken or just wrong looking, post it here.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited November 2007
    (There are almost certainly some funky things, in fact... but we're going to bed instead of fixing some of them)
  • edited November 2007
    Don't know if it's just me, but on the comments in the blog it is treating me as if I'm a guest and don't have a registered account.
  • edited November 2007
    Doh... That's a fresh one, thanks. I'll check it out soon when I get into the office.
  • edited November 2007
    I'm having the RSS feed of the Telltale Blog on my Google Personalized page, but I haven't been getting any updates on it since the site redesign. I tried to add the RSS feed manually by copying the URL that's listed at the blog ( http://www.telltalegames.com/feeds/blog ), but Google says it can't find it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    I think RSS is having issues right now. Thanks for the heads up.
  • edited November 2007
    The site doesn't seem to want me to log out since the update.
  • edited November 2007
    The past purchases page doesn't say how much you paid for the items on it... I think the last one did?

Either way, I think that'd be a good feature to put in.
  • edited November 2007
    It's on the to-do list for the near future. The old past purchases page didn't have that info either though.
    edited November 2007
    We'll be building a full invoice viewer in the near future. Currently if you want more information than we're providing, just write to support@telltalegames.com and we'll give you more information.
  • edited November 2007
    The site has reset my blog subscriptions and when I tick the box to try and resubsubscribe to them, it says everything is fine, but the boxes have unticked themselves and I'm not recieving the emails.

Also - I don't know if this is a bug or not - but the forum wont let me have this transparent avatar (it keeps changing the background to white as you can see on the left):
    season2.png
  • edited November 2007
    The emails themselves are temporarily disabled. I'll look into why your subscriptions aren't being saved when I get into the office in a couple hours though.
    edited November 2007
    It looks like vBulletin is resizing your image and losing the alpha channel in the process. Upload an image that's actually 50x50 pixels and you should be good to go. (For instance, tabacco's avatar is transparent.)
  • edited November 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    It looks like vBulletin is resizing your image and losing the alpha channel in the process. Upload an image that's actually 50x50 pixels and you should be good to go. (For instance, tabacco's avatar is transparent.)

Hooray! Transparent avatars for all!
    (whoever designed the image I'm using for my avatar is a legend)
    edited November 2007
    I made it. :)
  • edited November 2007
    If you click update user profile on the account page, it takes you to the forum user control panel page :confused: ;)
  • edited November 2007
    TheSpyder wrote: »
    If you click update user profile on the account page, it takes you to the forum user control panel page :confused: ;)

It's meant to. ;)
  • edited November 2007
    lol whoops :o

never actually used my telltale account for more than forum posting - I thought that would've updated my store profile, I mean I did enter my address when I bought season 2 :)
  • edited November 2007
    CSI 3 died.
  • edited November 2007
    Hi Telltale guys,

your RSS feed (http://www.telltalegames.com/feeds/blog) is broken since the update.

It seems to be gone, and is now serving an error page -- but still is sent as XML.
  • edited November 2007
    Fixed, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.