What do you want for Christmas?

edited December 2007 in General Chat
Well, after holding off for a week, my wife finally talked me into putting the Christmas tree up. I was a little slow getting into it (coming right off Halloween), but with everything seeming to turn "Christmasy" over night (at least here in Canada) it's pretty safe to say it's "That time of year again!"
Christmas commercials have arrived and stores.... well alot of stores had Christmas stuff up in September, but now it's pretty much full blown...
Anyways, I'm sure Christmas shopping has begun and I think it's the perfect time to play:
What do you want for Christmas!!!!!???!!!!

Comments

• edited November 2007
    I'd love to see a full expansion pack for Portal, but that's probably pushing it a bit, so I'll just stick with wanting Mario Galaxy and Sam and Max. But I'll probably just be impatient and buy them as soon as possible, and hope I get plenty of money for Christmas to make up for it.

Passing my driving test in time for Christmas would be nice too, were it not for the fact that I'd probably end up driving everyone around to parties on New Year's Eve, and having to stay tee-total myself so I'm in a fit state to get them back hope again.

I wouldn't mind a PS3 either, if only for Ratchet and Clank, and Naughty Dog's new game.
  • edited November 2007
    Please... according to the Home Depot near our office, it's been Christmas for a good month and a half now.
  • edited November 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Well, after holding off for a week, my wife finally talked me into putting the Christmas tree up.

Christmas tree! Now!!!
    You're insane... :p

The tree is suposed to be put up at 23. dec.

Anyway, for presents. How about this:

http://www.gadgetshop.com/Gadgets/Lifestyle_Gadgets/Kitch_and_Home/PRDOVR~273565_gs/Chocolate+Fountain.jsp
  • edited November 2007
    Mario Galaxy, Zack & Wiki, and Lego Star Wars Complete Sage will all be out, and I can't afford all 3, so whichever I don't buy, I hope to get for Christmas.
  • edited November 2007
    Rock Band, complete bundle for the 360.
  • edited November 2007
    Monkey Island Bounty Pack
    Legend of Zelda Orcarina of Time
    Time Waster Diaries...

I am not getting any new games right now (I don't have any new consoles) apart from Sam and Max.
  • edited November 2007
    I would die happy just getting a couple imports from Japan....

The Lostman Goes to the USA on DVD [I still smack myself in the face for being in Cali and MISSING a chance that is likely NEVER going to happen again]
    And the CD, 'Wake Up, Wake up, Wake up!' current import prices for it are in the 80's :( I love the band [the Pillows] so much I don't want to have to wait till their next album comes out and I can import it cheaper, or it actually gets published here in the US like 'Penalty Life' and 'My Foot.'

But I doubt that's gonna happen any time soon *cries*

Oh, well, I also want Echoes by Pink Floyd because I want to get a hold of those juciy b-side tracks that never make it onto the CD's, like 'When the tigers broke free.' I also hear rumours of Telltale reprinting 'Sam & Max: Surfing the Highway?' I want that!!!!! I had a chance to read some of it, by ordering it from a library in California but I couldn't finish it because they only gave me 3 days before I had to give it back >:(

And this is also unlikely to happen, but I want a ticket to Aussie land. I miss my Emma so much..
  • edited November 2007
    Croutons: "When The Tigers Broke Free" was on The Final Cut, the semi-sequel-ish followup album to The Wall which was originally named "Spare Bricks" but turned into a political and pacifistic rant by Roger Waters. Send me a PM if you want to discuss Pink Floyd, I'm sure we'd have a lot to talk about :)
  • edited November 2007
    Ahh Xmas... I dont call it christmas... that implies im religious. What I want is the same thing I want every year. Notta... Haha call me a bittter cynic but I dont fall into this trap of capitalism on holidays. I buy things all the time.. and buy people things all the time. Why should xmas be special, cause one dork said so?
    On THAT note..

I would love tons of japanese candy and anything steve purcell can throw at me !
    But I dont want em cause its xmas...
  • edited November 2007
    A new bass guitar would be nice and for sure the complete season 2 of Sam and Max but i think that is impossible...
  • edited November 2007
    NFS: Pro Street
    Simpsons Season 10 DVD
    IT Crowd Series 2 DVD

Those three are my most liked. :)
  • edited November 2007
    I would like either the Bone Comic collection, or the reprint of Sam&Max. OR one of these:
    Nurse or Elf (yeah, that would seem gay, but they are VERY well detailed :P)
  • edited November 2007
    World peace. And one hundred billion dollars.
  • edited November 2007
    Yeah, I really wish for the "Surfing the Highway"-hardcover, signed and scribbled in by Steve. But I know, that's not gonna happen, at least not for Christmas.
  • edited November 2007
    Celebrate Christmas in a sunny Australia. That's what I want. Because I hate snow, and I don't like working 20 minutes getting the ice off my windshield every morning.

Better yet: I want to be teleported to March 2008, because January and February are the worst months ever!!! And don't get me started about New Years eve, either!

--Erwin
  • edited November 2007
    ahh but can you find arctic bramble and cloudberries? think is meisamarja and lakka in Finnish .. dunno where you come from what its called !
    Love berries from rare cold swamps and sides of roads! Darn cottage industry never makes it to usa ..prolly not aus either! As lewis black once said.. if they want me to hang out there they are going to have to push their island closer! No plane for 5-6hrs or more.
    PS if you can get some arctic bramble jam or jelly or anything as such ill pay big! and no its not illegal ! unless your talking the vodka they have of it.. Sigh i miss my Finnish friend

PS dont feel bad even in this "sunny california" its total junk in feb as well. All think cali is sun and games .. thatss soooo socal... north and central get floods.. ice... etc, but then again that same town gets 112 that summer soo who knows!
  • edited November 2007
    I'm getting sick of SoCal. It's November, and it's 30 degrees Celsius.

30 DEGREES CELSIUS.
  • edited November 2007
    Sam and Max Season One Soundtrack! Super Maro Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl too! :)
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    A hippopotamus!
  • edited November 2007
    Ok let's see... Money to buy gifts for others.
    A job would be great, that I could get that money.
    A HUGE hammer to break my current processor and hard-drive
    New processor and hard-drive because if I have these I can have a HAMMER TIME with the old ones.

Many many books about programming.
    A lot of different comic series (books and movies too).
    A HUGE amount of food for my vampire cat called Mornikka (He's so cute when he tries to eat my fingers).
  • MelMel
    edited November 2007
    AllenB wrote: »
    I'm getting sick of SoCal. It's November, and it's 30 degrees Celsius.

30 DEGREES CELSIUS.

Ugh. Even in Davis, it got up to 70 (21 C) today, which is too warm for November. It needs to be cooler. It's fall and I like to wear sweaters and sweatshirts, damnit! :p

I want Santa to bring me some data.
  • edited November 2007
    I'm enjoying it... we got to have a nice lunch outdoors on the patio today (at a restaurant, our office lacks a patio)
  • edited November 2007
    I want a patio for the TTG office.
  • edited November 2007
    World Peace
  • edited November 2007
    I wanted Surfin' the Highway, but sadly...... not this year.

I really want
    Pirates of the Caribbean 3
    Lost Season's 1 and 3 (love this show)
    The Office Season 3 (been a fan since the begining!)
    The Chariot's latest DVD
    Zambooie's Live Your Life Vol. 1 DVD
    Project 86's Rival Factions DVD
    Set of Series 1 Homestar Runner Figures
    Isle of Swords by W.T. Batson
    Xombie Dead or Alive Novel
    Xombie Animated Series( If it's released anytime soon)
    Demon Hunter - Storm The Gates of Hell
    TMNT Season 1 Part 2
    A hardcover One Volume Colour Bone
    Paco Vinks Monkey Island Comic in a book
    A 1960 Desoto Adventurer Stripped down and rebuilt with a BMW engine and a Sam & Max paint job.
    A new Delorean

Okay I'm just dreaming now.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    I don't know what I want. I also don't know what to get anyone.

Can I skip Christmas this year? :/
  • edited November 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    Ugh. Even in Davis, it got up to 70 (21 C) today, which is too warm for November. It needs to be cooler. It's fall and I like to wear sweaters and sweatshirts, damnit! :p

I want Santa to bring me some data.

Wanna trade? You can wear all the sweaters you want in the rainy Netherlands! And it's freezing slighly at night, too! :D

--Erwin
  • edited November 2007
    Ooohhh, christmas wishlists - goody :D

I want for christmas:
    - SNOW - lots of it and just below 0 degrees celcius. Hehe

Hmm, I never know what I want, because I usually buy stuff during the whole year myself, lol
    Already ordered a brand new PC, that arrives tuesday, so I can't wish for that!
    And it is a kick butt PC
    - Intel Core2Duo - 2.66GHz FSB 1333
    - ASUS P5KR motherboard with P35 chipset
    - Samsung 2GB DDR2 RAM
    - XFX Geforce 8800GTS, 640MB GDDR3 RAM, cooler and HDCP support
    - Western Digital 500GB SATA II harddrive, 8mb Cache, 7200Rpm
    - PowerSupply Silent Eagle 600W
    - Microsoft Habu gamer mouse
    - Microsoft Reclusa gamer keyboard

Guess my list is boring :)
  • edited November 2007
    Money, Money, Money, Money.
    "If you just give me your bank account details and sort code, I can wire you the monnies" - Fonejacker
  • edited November 2007
    There's only one thing I want for Christmas, and that's a Telltale UK branch with a license to work on Discworld games; OK, OK, there are TWO things I want for Christmas, and that's a Telltale UK branch with a license to work on Discworld games and with me being involved in all this; OK, OK, there're THREE things I wan- I'll start again.

There's three things I want for Christmas:
    • a Telltale UK branch
    • the Telltale UK branch having a Discworld title license
    • me working on said title in said branch
    Ooh, and Eric Idle to do the voice of Rincewind again. So, FOUR things.... bah, I give up.
  • jmmjmm
    edited November 2007
    In no particular order

- World peace.... and Max's Peace Maker :)
    - Episode 202 for season ticket holders
    - Extra long and fully paid Vacations

And lastly, but not less important
    - A happy time with my family and/or friends

And following MrSneeze's idea...
    More Telltale goodness, in the form of new adventure games based on either old or current licenses or their own new ideas.

@Emily
    A Present Selector Wizard (tm) for you (Hopefully not shaped in the likeness of Hugh Bliss)
  • edited November 2007
    Well, I'm getting four books for Christmas.

Myself.

My family's gift-giving Christmas tradition has been slowly dying, and I think it's gonna kick for real this time, so I'm not counting on other people to give me free stuff.
  • edited November 2007
    Since i'm a kid i'm hoping and repeating the wish for a spaceship but till now it never happened. Seems like they do have some serious shipping issues somewhere out there...
  • edited November 2007
    im getting a bass (washburn t25)
    possible new camera/phone
    xbox 360
    hd dvds
  • edited December 2007
    mah two front teeth.

but seriously, maybe some Futurama DVDs. If not this year, I'll get them (from presents or on my own) eventually.
  • edited December 2007
    Wooooot!
    My wife got this custom framed:
    b124828826.jpg
  • jmmjmm
    edited December 2007
    A-Mazing gift....

*** drools with envy ***

Congrats
  • edited December 2007
    Sam and Max on the Wii :p

Just kidding
  • edited December 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Wooooot!
    My wife got this custom framed:
    Picture

Hey, nice gift! I got mine in a black frame like that, 'cept it's not as thick.

Along with other things, I got Hotel Dusk for Christmas. The game is bloomin' awesome! Everyone here should give it a try.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.