Linear Shmeanaer

edited September 2006 in Sam & Max
I think that the stand alone puzzle games belong on gametap or popcap games or some other kind of gimmicky website, but as a standard for gaming.

I feel like this is a step backwards not forwards.

My regret is that it's not Sam and Max who are bad ideas they just seem to have bad luck.

Comments

• edited September 2006
    I think you are having a bit of a confusion here -
    while popcap does make only casual games - gametap releases through their service real games (from real developers!)

as well dont mix up between episodic gaming an casual gaming - while bone and sam&max are episodic - the last thing you can say about them is that they are the same as bejeweled.

and i do not understand the connection between sam&max and bad luck. :p
  • edited September 2006
    I think that the stand alone puzzle games belong on gametap or popcap games or some other kind of gimmicky website, but as a standard for gaming.

I feel like this is a step backwards not forwards.

My regret is that it's not Sam and Max who are bad ideas they just seem to have bad luck.

?????????? What are you talking about? You need to wait and play the game before you can say it's a stand alone puzzle. Besides, it's an Adventure Game. :-/
  • edited September 2006
    Avid, I have two ask what are you talking about and do you have any idea what an adventure game is? Even a short episodic one is nothing like a "stand alone puzzle game" belonging on a "gimicky website."
  • edited September 2006
    Maybe he's referring to the Telltale Arcade section of this site?

Telltale Arcade is a bit confusing to someone coming here for the first time and thinking they're Telltale created and that the forthcoming Telltale games might be of a similar style / standard.

There will be an influx of traffic given all the publicity of Sam & Max recently, many having never experienced an adventure game before. Does there really need to be a Bejeweled clone highlighted on the home page?

I do realise this may have no relationship to the point Avid Veiwer was trying to make, but it's something I've wanted to get off my chest for a while. :p
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Turn Sam & Max into a Bejewelled clone... you guys are brilliant! We'll scrap the very entertaining story-driven Episode 1 we've been working on and get on that right away. Might delay the game a few months but I'm sure no one will mind.

:D
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Emily, you rock my socks.
  • edited September 2006
    I think you mean; "Emily, you ROXOR my SOXORZ." Or something like that.
  • edited September 2006
    I think you mean; "Emily, you ROXOR my SOXORZ." Or something like that.
    w00t.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    I wrote that post before my morning coffee. It was a little snarky, even for me. :o
Sign in to comment in this discussion.