Yahoo games are charging TOO much?

edited January 2008 in Bone
I was really bored and simply started looking at the "yahoo games" page when i got to see "Bone: out of boneville", and the price on yahoo is 20$ O_o', they don’t even mention telltale which i find odd, they have left people thinking it was made by Yahoo, are they selling it legally? Either way, 8$ overprice is a bit too much if you ask me and i wouldn’t be surprised if you had no income coming from yahoo.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    We have a partnership with them, so yes, it's legal. Yahoo sets the prices for their games and we can't make them charge the same amount we charge. Most if not all Yahoo games are $19.99, and I guess they want to be consistent.

(It's worth noting that Telltale originally released the game at that price, but we later lowered it based on customer feedback.)
  • edited November 2007
    oh, I thought you guys established the price and made a reduction for the distributors.

I didn’t know the game was released at that price, by most of the replies there in yahoo the game was released in about 2005? (in which rock I was under at that time? O_o ^^)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Yep, Out from Boneville first came out in September 2005 at $20. The price was reduced to $12.99 a few months later.
  • edited January 2008
    It's cool that the price was reduced. However, I'm curious, why exactly did you guys lower the price? What was the feedback?
  • edited January 2008
    leon101 wrote: »
    It's cool that the price was reduced. However, I'm curious, why exactly did you guys lower the price? What was the feedback?

I believe people complained it was too short for the price payed -- a joke was even made about this right at the start of the second game.
  • edited January 2008
    I believe people complained it was too short for the price payed -- a joke was even made about this right at the start of the second game.

Really? I missed that joke I guess.
  • edited January 2008
    I do agree with u guys, since the Demo was superb i manage to have the full version but was really disappointed with the length of the game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.