I want The Geek!

edited November 2010 in Sam & Max
Is the girl genius going to be appearing in any future episodes?

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Doubtful since I don't think Purcell owns the rights to her. I may be wrong considering how other companies, like Takara-Tomy/Hasbro for instance, owns any chars who appeared in the Transformers comic/cartoon first.

Then again, I heard that LA owns the rights to the characters exclusive to Hit the Road, so who knows?
  • edited November 2007
    Never ever..... ever.
  • edited November 2007
    I want the geek to
  • edited November 2007
    Since I don't know who The Geek is, I'm going to vote for 'don't care'. :D
  • edited November 2007
    It's this lame girl they put in the TV series. I guess to make it more appealing to kids...

looks like it worked :P
  • edited November 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    Doubtful since I don't think Purcell owns the rights to her. I may be wrong considering how other companies, like Takara-Tomy/Hasbro for instance, owns any chars who appeared in the Transformers comic/cartoon first.
    I think you hit the nail on the head there. Unless Fox gives TT "the rights" to use the Geek, there prolly won't be any appearance by her. Although they might get away with vague references.
    Still, the cartoon seems to exist in its own wacky universe, and any references to it would probably just get lost on the majority of people.

I thought the Geek was a decent addition to the universe. Granted, she was most likely there to appeal to the kiddies, but the addition of the character definitely opened a number of creative possibilities in the show, with the supertech and the hero-pastiches. While not the most brilliant character, I'd hardly describe her as a negative aspect of the show.
  • edited November 2007
    I would much prefer characters and references from the comics myself. Perhaps a guest appearance by the rubber pants commandos or Mack Salmon? That would be more interesting to me. I always like to see all the throwbacks to the comics that are hidden in the game.
  • edited November 2007
    the geek was a travesty
  • edited November 2007
    the geek was the worst part of the tv show,
    I agree with akajackfrost, Mack Salmon would be awesome ingame.
  • MelMel
    edited November 2007
    I knew you all secretly hated geeky women... *sobs*
    We can't all be Heidi Klum. *sobs louder*

:(

:p
  • edited November 2007
    The geek was put into the TV show to water it down for kids. If the geek gets put in the games, I will slit my wrists.
  • edited November 2007
    mass suicide or effigy burning if i ever see the geek in the new games
  • edited November 2007
    Unless the Geek is mentioned briefly as a sacrifice for one of Sam and Max's one of many adventures, I think the Geek will offend some ppl if she shows up.

I mean, I can imagine a conversation in an episode going like this:

Max: Whatever happened to that annoying brainy kid who kept pestering us about our moral fiber? I miss using her as target practice for my luger.

Sam: "We sacrificed her to that Knotforekedian snare beast in that one case involving the fox people. Without you pushing her towards the snare beast, we would never make out of that case alive."

Max: "Oh yeah. It was satisfying watching that bastard gbegging us to euthanasie him as he dies a slow and horrible death from swallowing our little stalker friend.""

Sam: "Who knew that child geniuses would cause a nasty case of food posioning?"

Max: "Not the Knotforekedian snare beast, apparently."
  • edited November 2007
    mish wrote: »
    The geek was put into the TV show to water it down for kids. If the geek gets put in the games, I will slit my wrists.

I changed my mind! Bring on the Geek!

jk..
  • edited November 2007
    just consider her as Q from james bond :P basement lab at her age.. i smell dexters future wife. Also I dont think fox owns anything anymore..but I need confirmation on this. we know they gave up dvd rights to remake the new dvd soo ? ..
  • edited November 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    just consider her as Q from james bond :P basement lab at her age.. i smell dexters future wife.

Yeah, but in Season 1, Bosco became Sam & Max's Q with all those BoscoTech items. And I have this strange suspicion Stinky may end up taking that role for Season 2.

Frankly, if you want to sacrifice a stalker character, I vote for Lorne [sing] The Friend for Life! [/sing] After all, the Geek did supply Sam & Max with a wide variety of explosives as well as the MechaMax. :D Do you really want to get rid of a character that is smart enough to construct a battle robot by herself and then have the failure in judgement to give it to someone as distructive as Max?
  • edited November 2007
    Yes, I
    Zeek wrote: »
    really want to get rid of a character that is smart enough to construct a battle robot by herself and then have the failure in judgement to give it to someone as distructive as Max?

The reason being is because the Geek was awful, unfunny, unpurcellesque and plain flat, for kids, dumb. If they edited her out of the show they'd do it a big favor. The Geek is just awkward.
    And as for a lack of a character who makes a battle robot for S&M, I didn't see the Geek bringing Abe to life. Someone else can take on the job, trust me.
  • edited November 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    just consider her as Q from james bond :P basement lab at her age.. i smell dexters future wife. Also I dont think fox owns anything anymore..but I need confirmation on this. we know they gave up dvd rights to remake the new dvd soo ? ..

If I consider her as Q, I consider Bosco as R; Didn't R replaced Q since the latter retired? With that said, who needs the Geek when you have Bosco making shoddy weapons for Sam and Max. At least he is smart enough to overcharge his gadgets to S&M as oppose to the Geek just handing them out for free.

I would rather have a paranoid conspaircy theorist who tihnks everyone is out to get him than some unoriginal super child genius, which the latter has been done to death on cartoon shows.
  • edited November 2007
    mish wrote: »
    The reason being is because the Geek was awful, unfunny, unpurcellesque and plain flat, for kids, dumb. If they edited her out of the show they'd do it a big favor. The Geek is just awkward.
    And as for a lack of a character who makes a battle robot for S&M, I didn't see the Geek bringing Abe to life. Someone else can take on the job, trust me.

True. I mean, if one thinks about it, adding the Geek is unnecessary since we have Bosco, who pretty much acts like the Q to Sam and Max. Seein how Bosco has tons of money and was able to have a satilite up in space, I am sure he can design a battle mech for Max if he wanted to. If not him, Sam and Max can always ask
    the Elves at the north Pole, seein how the pair are unofficially Santa Clause.

However, it would be swell if Telltale games follows in the steps of Hannah Barbara in how they handled the direction of Scrappy Doo. I mean, after thinking about it, I would love to see "The Geek" in a future ep of Sam and Max,........ as long as she is made into a future villian. LOL

The cartoon series is a decade old and I assume in the cartoon series, the Geek is around 10 or something. Even if the S&M is on a floating timeline, I don't see why the Geek can't age, especially, how comic books tend to make one character not age while another age. With that said, I can see TT put in an older version of the Geek in future eps as a villian. By having her age as an awkward and nerdy adult (with stereotypical geek elements on her such as acme scars and those head gear braces,) TT can avoid copyright laws if they are unable to use "The Geek" as she appeared in the cartoon. I mean, they can have the adult version look barely and vaguely similar to the Geek in the show, but instead of callin her "the Geek," she can be called "The Freak". I can imagine her motive in plotting against with the freelance police is that they fired her because she was getting too old and ugly (like how child stars are fired after reaching puberty) Either she is angry in being fired since it paid well or that she is the obsessive type like the chick in the Steven King's novel and movie, "Misery." Maybe TT can have her kidnap Sam or Max whereas she forces Sam or Max to renact old S&M cases that she wasn't involved in (telltale ep cases perhaps?) with her (while she pretends to be the non kidnapped freelance police detective) under her basement. Hmm...That can definately work.
  • edited November 2007
    maybe we could see the geek in a gutter all washed up..yelling fox kids..naaah the cartoon series was enough
  • edited November 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    I can imagine her motive in plotting against with the freelance police is that they fired her because she was getting too old and ugly (like how child stars are fired after reaching puberty) Either she is angry in being fired since it paid well or that she is the obsessive type like the chick in the Steven King's novel and movie, "Misery." Maybe TT can have her kidnap Sam or Max whereas she forces Sam or Max to renact old S&M cases that she wasn't involved in (telltale ep cases perhaps?) with her (while she pretends to be the non kidnapped freelance police detective) under her basement. Hmm...That can definately work.

Yeah, that's exactly what Telltale need, more overgrown child stars! ;)
  • edited November 2007
    I just want them to kill Lorne [sing]The Friend for Life![/sing].
  • edited November 2007
    Fox doesn't have the rights to anything involving the Sam & Max cartoon, at least not the last time I checked.
    Nelvana has them. They actually made it, Fox Kids just aired it.
  • edited November 2007
    I'm shocked by all this hostility towards The Geek. I felt she blended so well with Sam & Max that I was shocked to discover she didn't appear in the comics or video games. She's my favourite character after Sam & Max.
  • edited November 2007
    I'm more surprised at the fact that people are complaining about a single character than the fact that some of their missions in the show were not as random as their comics. Full of self-awareness gags, sure, but they weren't as random so much as they were off-the-wall wacky.

I mean, tell me a cartoon series then or now where you can get away with starting a story with a predictible plot like trying to save Christmas from a crazy Santa and then take a left turn to find out
    Santa was sane this entire
    time only to take another U-turn back to
    make Santa crazy again
  • edited November 2007
    I like Bosco better, he provides cooler gadgets and is funnier. He also reminds me of the guy working at my school cafeteria when I was at elementary school: suspicious of everyone being shoplifters.

But why not Mack Salmon? or Fritz Nunkie?
  • edited December 2007
    Bosco is far more awesome than The Geek. She came close to ruining the series.
  • edited December 2007
    it would be nice if Sam & Max went into some kind of hostile jungle area where the head hunters could have The Geek's head on a spike in the background as a final end to The Geek and to end the annoying threads trying to include her. she was a horrible character and i wish extreme death to the person who invented her.
  • edited December 2007
    freakazoid wrote: »
    it would be nice if Sam & Max went into some kind of hostile jungle area where the head hunters could have The Geek's head on a spike in the background as a final end to The Geek and to end the annoying threads trying to include her. she was a horrible character and i wish extreme death to the person who invented her.

What if the person that invented her was Steve himself?
  • edited December 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    What if the person that invented her was Steve himself?

then it must have been the up-all-night-binge-drinking-coke-addict-rectal-probing version of Steve, whom i assume is safely locked away in the same room that The Ark of The Covenant is in or else he now works for FOX News.
  • edited December 2007
    The Geek was I think an unnecessary character, but she gets way more hostility than she deserves. I don't think there's any compelling reason to bring her back though.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Steve Purcell talks about The Geek on the special features disc of the animated series DVD!
  • edited December 2007
    Cruse you, Jake, and your ability to tease us with information of DVD content the majority of us have yet to see!! *does the angry Bosco shaking his fist motion*
  • jmmjmm
    edited December 2007
    Instead of bringing her back, what about getting rid of our *beloved* poppers.
  • edited December 2007
    Who is the Geek, and how would she fit into the game universe? I'm confused.
  • edited December 2007
    LittleFoot wrote: »
    Who is the Geek, and how would she fit into the game universe? I'm confused.

She was a child genius that lived under Sam & Max's office in a place known as The Sub-Basement of Solitude and is kind of responsible for Sam & Max's cache of WMDs during the episodes in which she was featured in. She also has a lot of political ties for some reason, some of which probably include several secret orginizations that Bosco is fearing.
  • edited December 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Steve Purcell talks about The Geek on the special features disc of the animated series DVD!

Question, I dunno if you can answer it, since I know Purcell is friends with one of my Comic Gods, Mike Mignola (Hellboy), does he pop in for the commentary at some point? Because that would be orgasmic.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    steve purcell talks about the geek on the special features disc of the animated series dvd!

ok jake what about in 3d series?! :(
  • edited November 2010
    Please don't necro three year old threads for no reason.
  • edited November 2010
    Do Not Want.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.