Yay for screenshots!

edited September 2006 in Sam & Max
I love the Max sitting like a pupil shot!

Luvs it! :x

Comments

• edited August 2006
    I'll say. These screenshots have given me a new breath of fresh hope. Incredible. Whoever's responsible for Art Direction (apart from Steve...well, the guy/lady who oversees things when Steve's not there) has done a brilliant job. The composition, the character models, the colour palette, the environment details...A .

I'll be very interested to see how the characters move in real space.

Awesome stuff. Well done you programmers and artists.
  • edited August 2006
    Whoever's responsible for Art Direction (apart from Steve...well, the guy/lady who oversees things when Steve's not there) has done a brilliant job.

They are quite exciting..love the characters..and love the colours.. the sam and max world is taking shape
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2006
    Whoever's responsible for Art Direction (apart from Steve...well, the guy/lady who oversees things when Steve's not there) has done a brilliant job.

That would be Dave Bogan, and I agree. :D
  • edited August 2006

Dave, you and your team are DA MAN! Or, DA MEN! Or, DA MEN AND woMEN! Mouth-watering is all I can say. Nice one guys.
  • edited August 2006
    Agree! The screens are looking good! It's soon september... And the october....... :D
  • edited August 2006
    Mikdog did you make that avatar yourself? Pretty neat!
  • edited August 2006
    Why, yes I did Mr. Linque, and it took me all of 30 seconds.
  • edited September 2006
    Great Gouts of Steaming Magma on a Beeline for the Orphanage.
  • edited September 2006
    I've never seen the menu before.. It just rocks!!!
  • edited September 2006
    If curiosity gets the better of you like it did with me, you can click on that link 2 posts back, and just change the number at the end of the address in your browser to see 40 screenshots of the game. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, but I can't help myself.
  • edited September 2006
    I saved them all to my computer
  • edited September 2006

I agree as well - beautifully done.
    I especially like the use of 2d and 3d elements together (in 2d I mean all the in-game menus/inventory/various objects throughout the scenes)
  • edited September 2006
    Thanks for the info mikdog, there are lots of screenshot I've NEVER seen before. Pretty weird :-/
    Gotta say two things:
    1) The look of the game is wonderful but I don't like the interface cursor, I'd have chosen something funnier or, at least, sam's hand. It's too Bone-styled, but it's not a tragedy :))
    2) I still think that that thing on the table REALLY looks like the Idol of Many Hands. COOL!!!!!!!
    edited September 2006
    1) The look of the game is wonderful but I don't like the interface cursor, I'd have chosen something funnier or, at least, sam's hand. It's too Bone-styled, but it's not a tragedy :))

Are you talking about the cursor in the pictures on OCModShop? That is not the final cursor - it's one from Bone that was being used as a placeholder.
  • edited September 2006
    Oops... [:">]
    Lol, it definitely looked TOO Bone-styled!!!
    Shame on me, I'll go playing again both of them:p
    edited September 2006
    I should add that *a lot* of what you see in those photos is placeholder art, or unfinished. Don't be surprised if the game looks different when it's released.
  • edited September 2006
    I already think these early screenshots are wonderful, so it's sooooo good to know the game's gonna be furtherly improved!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006

Thanks! I spent too long making it! :D
  • edited September 2006
    Well, I've seen the walking animations of Sam & Max, and I gotta tell ya - they got them SPOT ON. I mean, flippen' A . Don't know how they managed it, with Max's big feet that have to pass under him and all. It's looking superb, and I thoroughly look forward to seeing the game in action. It is clear that many of the people working on this title have produced a labour of love. Of course, they gotta get paid, but...they're all so talented. And they made some beautiful stuff here.

Imagine that...Sam & Max in a 3D game. Wow. TELLTALE'S & Steve have got some vision.

PS, who is Matthew Le Merle, and why is he on the Telltale Team? Did he invest in venture startup or something?
  • edited September 2006
    where are the walking animations? :-/
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    You can see some character animations in the "behind the scenes" video that 1up.com and CGW magazine put together, right here.
  • edited September 2006
    Well, I've seen the walking animations of Sam & Max, and I gotta tell ya - they got them SPOT ON. I mean, flippen' A .

I totally agree, great work guys! Can't wait to play it!
    Anyway, I noticed a graphic difference between S&M Freelance Police's Sam and S&M Season 1's Sam:
    I mean, seems like LEC was trying to give Sam a more "realistic" look, he actually had the fur of a dog, while now Sam's more stylized, he's brown coloured and that's all.
    Who had this great idea? That's how Sam is meant to be.
    We probably all know the answer: Steve!
    edited September 2006
    PS, who is Matthew Le Merle, and why is he on the Telltale Team? Did he invest in venture startup or something?

Yes.
  • edited September 2006

Yes.

Good on him. I take my hat off to such a man who sees good potential and supports it. People like hi make the world go round
  • edited September 2006
    Well, I've seen the walking animations of Sam & Max, and I gotta tell ya - they got them SPOT ON. I mean, flippen' A .

I totally agree, great work guys! Can't wait to play it!
    Anyway, I noticed a graphic difference between S&M Freelance Police's Sam and S&M Season 1's Sam:
    I mean, seems like LEC was trying to give Sam a more "realistic" look, he actually had the fur of a dog, while now Sam's more stylized, he's brown coloured and that's all.
    Who had this great idea? That's how Sam is meant to be.
    We probably all know the answer: Steve!

I think the Freelance Police animations look better.. but they obviously had more time, money, and people working on them so thats to be expected.
  • edited September 2006
    Working for a company like LucasArts has both pros and cons: as you said, the animations were better but the whole S&M world, and I'm referring to Hit The Road too, looked a little more... right-thinking, if you will.
    Telltale's vision is more cynical, I think. More nicotine jokes, the word "ass" instead of "butt", some small things that make me think LEC's rules for censure are stricter.
  • edited September 2006
    You can see some character animations in the "behind the scenes" video that 1up.com and CGW magazine put together, right here.

love the animations, though sam seems too smiley all the time for my taste..
  • edited September 2006
    Did anyone else notice the severed hand of Jesse James up on the wall?
    http://www.ocmodshop.com/images/events/pax_2006/sam_and_max/sam_max_06.jpg

EDIT: I just finished looking at the rest of those shots and there seems to be what I have taken to believe something that certain people may recognize as a BDOTM reference.
    http://www.ocmodshop.com/images/events/pax_2006/sam_and_max/sam_max_18.jpg
    http://www.ocmodshop.com/images/events/pax_2006/sam_and_max/sam_max_26.jpg
  • edited September 2006
    Did anyone else notice the severed hand of Jesse James up on the wall?
    http://www.ocmodshop.com/images/events/pax_2006/sam_and_max/sam_max_06.jpg

also, did you see on the top right corner the box reading 03-03-04? maybe an unfinished case, filed since that date...? ;)
  • edited September 2006
    wow, that's a lot of cheese....
  • edited September 2006
    And let's not forget the max's paper-bag muppet from the TV series
  • edited September 2006
    There's a sign in the shop that says; "SPECIAL: Buy 1, Get 1!"

Class.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.