First Sam & Max Game Help

edited September 2006 in Sam & Max
I am PSYCHED about the release of the new Sam & Max game but I need help beating the first one. I use Windows but once upon a time I used Macs. I have the wires hooked up and the magnifying glasses on the binoculars in the rotateing resturant in the Worlds Largest Ball of Twine. Because I must run it on a Mac, there is only one mouse button. How do I stop the binoculars? :(( :-/

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Funny, when I encountered this part of the game the first thought that popped into my head was "How did this work on a Mac?"

Unfortunately I don't know the answer. :(
  • edited September 2006
    I do not know the answer to this one, either.
  • edited September 2006
    You just have to click the right or left side of the needle on the binoculars, don't you?

Otherwise, use the keyboard. ENTER is the left mouse button, TAB is the right.

Hope that helps!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    I was going to suggest playing it on a PC with ScummVM, but it seems like The Tingler actuallly knows what he's talking about. :D
  • edited September 2006
    As a Mac user I had exactly the same problem, I got around it I just can't remember how. Have you tried a CTRL Click or  Click I cant remember if these work or not. Alternatively get a cheap 2 button mouse and your problems will be solved.

Will any of TellTale's games be ported to Mac in the future?
  • edited September 2006
    It took me good 5 minutes to work out how to operate those damned binoculars even with a mouse with more than one button.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry. Didn't notice that the following is a direct copy of what TheTingler says.

In my manual for the game (for windows) it claims that you have to click on either side of the needle to make it go in either direction. I can't try this out due to my not having a handy save near that section, but maybe trying and clicking on either the top (middle) section or clicking on the other side of the needle from where it's already pointing may change the speed of how fast the binoculars are travelling at.

In other (simpler) words, if the needle is pointing to the left try clicking on the right section of the little semi-circle that the needle is in. Hope this helps (and you can actually understand what I'm rambling about!).
  • edited September 2006
    I was stuck on those damn binoculars for about 3 months back in the day..and it wasnt cause i had a mac :))
  • edited September 2006
    As a Mac user I had exactly the same problem, I got around it I just can't remember how. Have you tried a CTRL Click or  Click I cant remember if these work or not. Alternatively get a cheap 2 button mouse and your problems will be solved.

Will any of TellTale's games be ported to Mac in the future?

You did it!!! Pressing apple Click did it! Thanks!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.