Is this game worth playing?

edited December 2012 in Back to the Future
I finish the walking dead and was obviously amazed by it. I'm sort of curious in trying BTTF, but I've heard so-so things on it. Is it worth playing?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    so i guess not?
  • edited November 2012
    It's a great game. Definetly worth playing.
  • edited November 2012
    If you love the back to the future universe, definitely worth playing.
  • edited November 2012
    Play all the 3 sam & max seasons instead
  • edited November 2012
    If you have seen the BTTF films then sure if you haven't seen the BTTF films then what you waiting for!!! ;)

But seriously watch the films before you play the game or it doesnt make as much sense.
  • edited November 2012
    If you're a fan of Back to the Future, you'll probably like it. Otherwise, you probably won't.
  • edited November 2012
    i just bought it after finishing TWD. it was cheap enough to take a punt on it... i would say though, probably not the best to go into it expecting it to be just like TWD, or disappointment will be your friend.
  • edited November 2012
    It's a great game.
  • edited December 2012
    Its super fun worth playing
  • edited December 2012
    I thought this game was good and I will definitely buy season 2 if it comes out. My only complaint was the lack of actual gameplay; more like a movie than an adventure game IMO.
  • edited December 2012
    DatDude wrote: »
    I finish the walking dead and was obviously amazed by it. I'm sort of curious in trying BTTF, but I've heard so-so things on it. Is it worth playing?

Allow me to answer your question with a question. Is it by Telltale? Funnily enough the answer to my question happens to also be the answer to your question.
  • edited December 2012
    If you want more of Telltale's stuff, I'd personally suggest Sam and Max instead.

Back to the Future is well-written, so if all you care about is getting BttF4 you should like it, but as a point-and-click adventure it's pretty...eh.

Although gameplay-wise, it's closer to The Walking Dead than Sam and Max is, so I guess there's that.
  • edited December 2012
    You know, working your way backwards through Telltale's last few releases would be a reasonable way to ease yourself into the point-and-click adventure genre
  • edited December 2012
    I would advise against it if you're not a BttF fan. It's pretty much a direct sequel to BttF3. If you liked the BttF movies and TWD game, you'll definitely like this game! It's closer to TWD than any other of Telltale's games.

The rest are all a lot less cinematic (except Jurassic Park, but we pretend that didn't exist). I definitely recommend Sam and Max or Monkey Island if you're at all interested in Adventure Games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.