edited August 2006 in Sam & Max
Hello,

It will be a spanish translation¿?

Thks

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2006
    Welcome to the forum. :)

We haven't made any decisions yet about which languages Sam & Max will be translated into. It's definitely a possibility!
  • edited July 2006
    Well it shouldn't be discussion matter which one to choose, it's just simple math:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

In addition of English there should be Spanish, French, German (in that order) translations if any.

Edit: And yes, I did cut off all the non-western languages in order to satisfy only the intended audience.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2006
    There are a lot of decisions that go into localizing a game. It's not just based on how many people speak a particular language. For example, adventure games are more popular in Germany than anywhere else, so if we could only choose one language to translate into, it would probably be German.

(I'm NOT saying that we're only translating the game into German. ;) Just that there's more to the decision than "simple math".)
  • edited August 2006
    In Spain graphic adventures are very popular. This month Activision Spain has published, again, The Dig, Full Throttle, Monkey Island 3, Grim Fandango and Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis... ¡14 years after its first launch!
    And Sam & Max is one of the most popular games ever, here.
    So I hope TellTale can translate Sam & Max 2 to spanish... And Bone! Come on, translate the subtitles is fast and easy!
  • edited August 2006
    There are a lot of decisions that go into localizing a game. It's not just based on how many people speak a particular language. For example, adventure games are more popular in Germany than anywhere else, so if we could only choose one language to translate into, it would probably be German.

(I'm NOT saying that we're only translating the game into German. ;) Just that there's more to the decision than "simple math".)

Good new.... Players need just subtitles, localization voices are optional.
  • edited August 2006
    If you offer a translated version, *please* dont force us to buy the translated ;)

i really want to be able to buy the English version even if my native language is German. Quite often only the translated versions are available and English versions have to be imported (and are therefore much more expensive)
  • edited August 2006
    There's actually a possibility to translate the game ourself, with some sort of tool here: http://quick.mixnmojo.com/

I've just heard it, can't say for sure.
    Don't even know if altering the files are legal even :-/ At least not sharing them :-/
  • edited August 2006
    If you offer a translated version, *please* dont force us to buy the translated ;)

i really want to be able to buy the English version even if my native language is German. Quite often only the translated versions are available and English versions have to be imported (and are therefore much more expensive)

Back when the localizations were announced, they said that any language upgrades would be free if you already own a copy of the game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.